Engineer II - MVS Systems at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Engineer II - MVS Systems
At Ball Aerospace’s Westminster Colorado location, we develop and manufacture state of the art RF & sensor technologies that are integrated onto tactical missile and aircraft platforms. If you’d like to join our rapidly growing operations team in a mission to help the warfighter, this could be an ideal role for you. The Manufacturing Value Stream (MVS) Systems Engineer is pivotal in driving our goal of 100% quality within our Manufacturing Value Stream by supporting our “problems first” strategy. This opportunity requires a result driven individual, with extensive experience in leading and applying Lean thinking, to solve operational and technical challenges in direct support of the Tactical Solutions (TS) Strategic Business Unit (SBU). A successful candidate will have experience building applications and queries that will be used to compile information into usable reports/dashboards. Although not required, candidates with manufacturing knowledge/experience would be preferrable. Above all, we are looking for individuals who have a passion in making data more visible, accessible, and usable to help drive positive change and improvement in our manufacturing processes.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with a team to develop new tools, web applications, queries, and reports to deliver key manufacturing data to the manufacturing team while also maintaining and improving existing tools, applications, queries, and reports.
- Implement dashboards throughout the production facility to deliver real-time data and key production metrics.
- Work with the MVS (Manufacturing Value Stream), DVS (Development Value Stream) and Service Centers to develop accurate and useful reports.
- Engage problems with respect, drive teams to thoroughly understand the facts of the current condition, define target conditions, and relentlessly pursue perfection.
- Support problem solving activities with various disciplines supporting the manufacturing value stream, driving to process and/or technical root cause and corrective action.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Knowledge and experience developing web-based applications using C# and SQL databases (Oracle, MS SQL, Denodo, MySQL, etc.).
- Knowledge or experience with front-end development (GUI, CSS, html, etc.).
- Experience developing and maintaining strong customer relationships, understanding their needs to develop solutions that meet or exceed their expectations.
- A creative approach to problem solving with an appetite for experimentation and personal growth.
- A problem-solving endurance that persists in the wake of setbacks.
- Experience aligning and influencing fellow employees to drive toward a common goal.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with other teams and present ideas.
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading projects and/or teams.
- Demonstrated aptitude for collaboration, recognition of individuals strengths and areas for improvement, and an ability to manage misalignment between individuals and/or groups.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $104,500 - $129,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.