Engineer II - MBSE Focused Systems at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area, CO)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer II - MBSE Focused Systems
What You’ll Do:
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, and guidance to a team of systems engineers in the areas of systems engineering analysis, architecture modeling, and MBSE.
- Consult and facilitate diverse stakeholders in defining and prioritizing opportunities to implement an MBSE approach to realize cost and labor savings and promote efficiency and re-use.
- Develop and review guidance and training materials related to architecture modeling, tool usage, processes, assumptions, and limitations to ensure project success.
- Coordinate with MBSE adoption leads to share best practices, establish style guides, and templates with the broader enterprise.
- Support development and maintenance of architectural modeling data for rapid starts on new projects and proposals.
- Bridge architecture models with physics-based performance models and simulations.
- Technical writing (proposal development, contractual elements).
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
- Experience in the Aerospace industry preferred.
- Experience in coordinating and implementing a MBSE vision in alignment with diverse technical and programmatic stakeholder inputs and requirements, within cost and schedule constraints.
- Demonstrated success in supporting an organizational/cultural change initiative.
- Experience translating customer needs and objectives into capability requirements and soliciting feedback.
- Expert understanding of the traditional systems engineering lifecycle, phases, processes, inputs/outputs, artifacts.
- Working knowledge of architecture frameworks (DoDAF, UAF, e.g.).
- OMG Systems Modeling Language (SysML) Certification (preferred; or experience applying each language construct on complex, multi-user projects).
- Experience utilizing SysML model authoring tools and associated model management capabilities (familiarity with Cameo/MagicDraw, Enterprise Architect, or Rational Rhapsody, e.g.).
- Experience utilizing requirements database tools (DOORS, Jama, Cameo Requirements Modeler, e.g.).
- Experience with multi-domain parametric modeling and optimization, design of experiments, tradespace exploration, and surrogate modeling techniques (familiarity with Modelica tools, such as Dymola or Open Modelica, e.g.).
- Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation, collaboration, and teaching skills.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $104,500 - $129,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.