Electrical Systems Engineer II at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer II – Electrical Systems
Would you like to be part of the electrical systems of the future? Located in beautiful Westminster and Boulder, Colorado, Ball Aerospace pioneers electrical systems for challenging space, air, and ground applications.
We are looking for Electrical Engineers who can provide electrical systems definition and implementation for cutting-edge digital and mixed-signal design, focusing on space-based remote sensing, spacecraft bus and tactical systems.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the infusion of new electrical technology and ensure the electrical system works end-to-end for systems.
- Support electrical technology assessments and electrical system architecture trade studies, electrical system definition, and electrical subsystem level requirements flow-down (analysis and allocation).
- Effectively operate within a multi-discipline engineering team.
- Provide technical oversight to ensure the electrical system is compliant and verifiable; potential technologies include imaging sensors, digital signal processing, high speed data transfer, low noise analog sensing, and low voltage power.
- Identify, evaluate, communicate, and manage technical scope changes and risks & opportunities.
- Evaluate, optimize, and track size, weight, and power targets.
- Present to both internal and external customers.
- Define, implement, and oversee the test and verification program.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience with requirements definition, decomposition, and flow-down, circuit design, interface definition, hardware specifications, interface control, analyses, and/or verification.
- Analytical skills including FMECA, WCA, reliability and risk mitigation.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation skills, and the ability to effectively lead group discussions.
- Current Secret or higher clearance preferred.
- Experience with detailed electronics design and analysis preferred.
- Experience with high-speed data transfer preferred.
- Experience with electro-optical (EO) systems preferred.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations will be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $104,500 - $129,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.