Distributed Systems - Backend Software Engineer
The proliferation of machine log data has the potential to give organizations unprecedented real-time visibility into their infrastructure and operations. With this opportunity comes tremendous technical challenges around ingesting, managing, and understanding high-volume streams of heterogeneous data.
Distributed Systems Software Engineer:
As our Distributed Systems Software Developer, you will solve interesting low-latency, distributed systems challenges to handle our ever-increasing scale. You will build data processing solutions that are core to our platform.
You will build the system that runs our elastic big data analytics platform written in Scala that runs in the AWS cloud. Our system is a highly distributed, fault tolerant, multi-tenant platform that includes bleeding edge components related to storage, messaging, search, and analytics. This system ingests and analyzes terabytes of data a day, while making petabytes of data available for search and forensic analysis, and is expected to reach substantially larger scale in the near future.
You are a strong software engineer who is passionate about large-scale systems. You care about producing clean, elegant, maintainable, robust, well-tested code; you do this as a member of a team, helping the group come up with a better solution than you would as individuals. Ideally, you have experience with performance, scalability, and reliability issues of 24x7 commercial services.
● B.S. or higher in Computer Sciences or related discipline
● 3+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of ownership and delivery
● Experience developed scalable low-latency, distributed data processing solutions
● Experience in multi-threaded programming
● Experience in running large scalable distributed services following micro service architecture
● Hands-on object-oriented programming experience (e.g., Java, Scala)
● Experience with AWS or other cloud services
● Excellent verbal and written communication
● K8s experience
● Experience with NoSQL databases
● Demonstrated implementation of high-availability concepts
● Developed logical and physical data models
● Excellent troubleshooting skills
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Funding and Growth:
We have received $345.5 million in funding to date. Investors include Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures, DFJ Growth, and Battery Ventures. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 1,600 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.