Director, Solutions Engineering at CircleCI
As a Director of Solutions Engineering at CircleCI, you will lead a team of Solution Engineers directly and guide the extended team of Customer Engineering, Revenue, and Customer Success to deliver outstanding experiences for CircleCI customers and prospects!
This director will hire and allocate resources, perform employee reviews and evaluations, participate in strategic deals, and back up team members as needed to grow the business. The SE Director will actively work with their team members to tackle difficult problems, and coordinate internal/external resources when required.
The ideal candidate will have experience building and developing strong SE teams as well as broad experience in account strategy, mentoring and a desire to develop process and structure to support a fast-growing team.
This job can be performed remotely, but will be directing a team distributed across North American time zones, with occasional travel.About Sales Solutions at CircleCI
Our Solutions Engineers have a strong understanding of the developer community and are able to confidently connect with and provide first class support to developers, DevOps leads, architects and decision makers.What you’ll do:
- Support the SE team by providing guidance on sales strategies, value-based discovery, and approaches to solve specific challenges, as well as represent their team's needs to CircleCI’s executive staff.
- Partner with Revenue leadership to ensure alignment and assess, develop, and accelerate key opportunities.
- Coach, develop, and mentor team members by providing constructive feedback, developing career plans and using teaching opportunities
- Develop scalable processes and program to add capacity and bandwidth to the demo and trial process
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering teams to help influence product roadmap based on market/customer requirements.
- Set, monitor, and drive success by establishing clear critical metrics and maintaining high levels of transparency, efficiency, and teamwork in your team.
- Prove the technical feasibility of the CircleCI platform to highly technical and developer audiences
- Stay on top of industry news, technology products, platforms, new CircleCI features, and partners to ensure you and your team provide and maintain a deep industry and ecosystem expertise
- Identify areas of potential improvement in our sales efforts, and then work to improve them. This could be high level strategy, daily tactical efforts, or down in the weeds of documenting or how to videos
- Custom development and launch of new sales products, documentation, and customer integrations to our internal teams and customer community
- 7+ years of Pre-sales or Solutions Engineering experience in SaaS or developer tools
- Prior experience leading a high-performing and diverse Solutions Engineering team
- Extraordinary presentation skills. You feel comfortable leading presentations and demos of our platform to groups, both technical and non-technical, in-person and virtually
- You’ve worked with customers directly to debug common errors without involving an engineer
- You can tie business problems to technical solutions and understand technology value propositions
- Record of building, mentoring and enabling a rapidly growing team
- Proven capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies
- A decent amount of time using and scripting *nix
- Past work with Git in general and ideally GitHub in particular
- You’ve thrown together an app or two in a high-level programming language
- Belief that the best way for all to succeed is to honestly discuss product and company abilities and limitations with customers. We do not oversell at CircleCI
- Ability to prioritize among different opportunities, balancing customer needs with business priorities and the ability to articulate the rationale behind those decisions
- Strong use of analytics, user research and business cases to drive decisions and improve products
- Experience with build, test, and deployment automation
- Knowledge of Docker or Linux containers in general
- Experience with popular web app frameworks and/or mobile app development (iOS, Android)
- Experience using and automating a major IaaS like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Familiarity deploying and debugging distributed systems
** Not all skills required. If you’re interested in growing with us, please reach out!
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those passionate about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do your best work, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.