Director, Software Engineering at Procare Solutions
Our mission is to simplify childcare operations and create meaningful connections by providing technology, expertise, and unparalleled service. Procare Solutions is the number 1 name in childcare software – used by more than 30,000 childcare businesses across the country. For over 30 years, childcare professionals have looked to Procare to provide real-time information for making critical decisions, maintaining compliance with local and state regulations, and adhering to business best practices. We make childcare management run smoothly so that our customers can spend more time focusing on the kids, not back-office administrative duties.
A Little About the Role
This role is responsible for to delivering a broad set of products and services according to the strategic roadmap of Procare’s common platforms, and to mature and evolve the software engineering practices. This is a highly technical role that also requires someone with strong leadership skills and business understanding.
What You Will Do
- Deliver products and services on Procare’s strategic roadmap, including web applications and services, Windows applications, and back office systems and integrations
- Define and implement common architectures, platforms, and technologies in collaboration with CTO and other technology leaders
- Oversee the day-to-day technical and architectural standards, providing guidance to engineers at all levels
- Collaborate with product management and other business stakeholders on defining product roadmap and roadmap requirements
- Mature, evolve, and implement software engineering practices, such as agile/Kanban methodology, design standards, coding standards, peer reviews, testing, etc.
- Collaborate with IT Operations teams on DevOps practices
- Manage and optimize a team with members in multiple locations
- Measure and report on productivity and quality of teams and progress of initiatives on roadmap
- Lead, mentor, and manage individual technical contributors and managers/team leads
- Occasional domestic travel to meet with other development and functional teams (10-15%)
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- 10+ years’ experience as a software engineer/architect
- 5+ years’ experience as a technology manager
- Experience managing development workstreams with multiple leads/managers and individual contributor direct reports
- Experience managing delivery of commercial SaaS solutions with small to medium sized teams (10-20 people)
- Highly technical background, must have significant current hands-on experience with the relevant technologies listed below
- Experience with AWS and building cloud-native products and services, including, Lambda/serverless, RDS/Aurora, EC2, SQS, etc.
- Significant hands-on experience with the Microsoft stack of technologies for both server-side applications/services and Windows desktop applications – C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET, Windows Forms, custom controls
- Hands-on experience with various relational database platforms, Microsoft SQL preferred
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) in a DevOps working model
- Experience with formal IT Service Management based on ITIL standards preferred
- Experience with structured/formal Agile development processes, Kanban preferred
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of products – Jira Software, Confluence, BitBucket, etc.
- Experience with test automation tools such as Selenium, JMeter, and Postman
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Excellent comprehensive benefits packages for full-time employees, including: medical, dental, & vision plans- choose the plan best for you
- HSA option with employer contributions of $50/mo
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Transportation FSA Plans
- Company-paid Short and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Vacation time, holidays, sick days, volunteer & personal days, including a mental health day a year
- 401K Plan with employer match and immediate vesting
- RTD ECO-Pass for all Denver employees
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $2,000/year
- Casual workplace environment
- Prime downtown location close to restaurants and entertainment
- Promote from within
$160,000 - 170,000 Base DOE
This position is based in our downtown Denver office. We are currently in a flexible hybrid in-office/remote working model based on local COVID-19 health regulations and business needs. While we are mainly working remotely now, this will continue to be an in-office/remote position, but candidates must be willing and able to (eventually) work from our downtown Denver office as needed.