AMP Robotics is a rapidly growing startup on a mission to revolutionize the way we recycle. Positioned at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and recycling, our solution matches deep learning and computer vision with robots that rapidly sort materials inside recycling facilities. We intend to transform the industry and have already deployed robots across the United States to dramatically reduce costs and increase efficiency of recycling operations.
Our dedicated and innovative team is located in Louisville, Colorado, with views of Boulder’s flatirons and the Rocky Mountains inspiring us to work toward our mission every single day. With backing from top tier investors including Sequoia and recognition as a “Rising Star Company of the Year” in the 2020 Global Cleantech 100, we’re gaining momentum and looking for exceptional talent to support our journey. Find out more at www.amprobotics.com.
The Director of Software Engineering will report to the Head of Engineering and will be responsible for the development of software across AMP products. This includes managing and growing a team of software engineers that encompass perception, path-planning, web development, devops, and cloud infrastructure.
Our ideal candidate is a driven, results-focused and energetic person with experience building groundbreaking products that are only possible because of software advancements of the last decade.
You will be working hand in hand with our product teams to create robotic sorting systems that fundamentally improves the performance of recycling sorting systems, lower recycling costs, and brings recycling to large and underserved communities.
As our Director of Software Engineering you will work to:
- Drive the architecture and lead development AMP’s software across all products
- Develop best practices for software engineering, release, and quality
- Lead road-mapping efforts with senior leadership, goal setting, and regular reporting of progress
- Manage an engineering team delivering quality software, proactively identifying opportunities & challenges, and regularly reporting key results
- Be a cultural leader at AMP. Recruit, build, and develop a team of top tier technical talent focused on developing technology for environmental good
Skills Required and Qualifications:
- Team Management. Experience managing a software-focused development team of 12 or more
- Builder. Previous startup experience and an unwavering passion and ability to recruit in a fast-paced environment hiring the very best talent
- Leader. Confidently represent the company with exceptional professionalism, clarity, and courtesy both internally and externally
- Results Orientated.The ability to stay highly organized and multi-task while maintaining great attention to detail
- Teacher. Have the ability to provide hands-on technical leadership and drive initiatives to improve functionality and performance
- Experience in software development in the majority of the following areas:
- Machine learning
- Web development
- Dev Ops
- Cloud infrastructure
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
AMP Robotics values inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer that encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.