AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Director of Software Engineering reporting to the Head of Engineering, to focus on the development of software across AMP products. This includes managing and growing a team of software engineers that encompass perception, path-planning, web development, DevOps, and cloud infrastructure.
Our ideal candidate is a driven, results-focused and energetic person with experience building groundbreaking products that are only possible because of software advancements of the last decade.
You will be working hand in hand with our product teams to create robotic sorting systems that fundamentally improves the performance of recycling sorting systems, lower recycling costs, and brings recycling to large and underserved communities.
As our Director of Software Engineering, you will work to:
- Drive the architecture and lead development AMP’s software across all products.
- Develop best practices for software engineering, release, and quality.
- Lead road-mapping efforts with senior leadership, goal setting, and regular reporting of progress.
- Manage an engineering team delivering quality software, proactively identifying opportunities & challenges, and regularly reporting key results.
- Be a cultural leader at AMP. Recruit, build, and develop a team of top tier technical talent focused on developing technology for environmental good.
The successful candidate will have:
- Team Management. Experience managing a software-focused development team of 12 or more
- Builder. Previous startup experience and an unwavering passion and ability to recruit in a fast-paced environment hiring the very best talent
- Leader. Confidently represent the company with exceptional professionalism, clarity, and courtesy both internally and externally
- Results Orientated. The ability to stay highly organized and multi-task while maintaining great attention to detail
- Teacher. Have the ability to provide hands-on technical leadership and drive initiatives to improve functionality and performance
- Experience in software development in the majority of the following areas:
- Machine learning
- Web development
- Dev Ops
- Cloud infrastructure
- Recycling or similar industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10-15 year’s plus experience.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Louisville, CO
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: $175,000 - $200,000 based on experience.
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only)
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.31 hours (0.54 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.