Director, Engineering at Red Canary (Remote)
What You'll Do
- Oversee multiple engineering managers and their teams responsible for developing and maintaining the stability and scalability of our platform
- Translate business objectives, drive data-driven prioritization and provide reliable engineering estimates aligned to the roadmap, while balancing technical debt and unplanned work
- Work effectively across departments (Product Management, Trust, Customer Success), building relationships and collaborating with internal counterparts and thought leaders
- Develop and adhere to a disciplined product development process, ensuring key milestones are met. Drive product insights, roadmap prioritization, and resource allocation. Ensure continued focus on long-term innovation.
- Own and maintain the quality of the product areas you and your team(s) are responsible for; deliver innovative world-class software and stellar customer experience with each release.
What You'll Bring
- 10 + years of experience with software engineering management; experience building software products and shipping products as in an agile/scrum/kanban environment
- 2+ years of people management responsibilities
- Passion for mentoring and growing team members (both managers and individual contributors) in their professional and technical development
- Strong experience working with high-volume, low latency data processing systems, and the ability to deep-dive into various components of the architecture
- You are familiar or can quickly come up to speed with Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Go and Rust and associated continuous integration and container orchestration technologies.
- Depth in understanding of cloud architectures, scalable systems designs, secure architecture patterns, and business-critical Linux environments
- A breadth of experience designing and modernizing infrastructure, platform, and software systems, and are passionate about applying your technical expertise to proactively solving sophisticated system problems
- You are technically proficient and will be able to work directly with senior engineers to get their buy in, proactively solve issues and act as a subject matter expert across assigned scope
- You will guide and lead the teams in technology choice evaluation, avoid chasing the shiny object and drive pragmatic choices focused on reliability, scalability and resilience.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and change and can process the information, define the strategy and deliver results at scale; you have the ability to distill complex and ambiguous situations into impactful plans for your team
- You are excellent at verbal and written communication skills and use it to articulate the vision, drive clarity and influence at all levels including team members, stakeholders, execs, partners and customers
- You have the fluidity to act as an individual contributor and produce substantive deliverables