Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
We are building security fundamentals directly into the DNA of the platform by offering common functionality like authentication, authorization, secret management, and making secure development and operational methodologies the default.
We are looking for a DevSecOps engineer to own the cloud cybersecurity efforts for Invitae’s oncology product division. This role will provide expertise in best practices, help model and mitigate threat surfaces, serve as an active developer on the Cloud Operations team, and lead training and educational efforts to make security a part of every developer’s daily routine.
- Ensure that the infrastructure supporting Archer’s genomics platform is secure, highly available, scalable, and maintainable
- Build and extend systems and services that will securely transmit and store sensitive data
- Participate in code reviews and identify security issues
- Work with product teams to plan and implement security features at the platform level
- Build authentication, authorization, encryption, and key/secret management solutions
- Collaborate with product and engineering to balance security risk with product advancement
- Work directly with the DevOps team and software engineers to ensure system integrity and security
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve telemetry gathering, reporting, and alerting
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by company and security standards bodies
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology
- Four+ years in an DevOps role with a cybersecurity focus
- Significant experience and passion for building security-focused platforms and customer-facing applications that perform at scale
- Software engineering fundamentals with front-end and back-end applications
- Experience successfully triaging and resolving security bugs and incidents
- Experience building identity, authentication, authorization and secrets management systems
- Strong Linux and Bash skills
- Proficient with configuration management tools (e.g. Salt, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Proficient with AWS tools and infrastructure
- Proficient with CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins), and scripting languages (Python preferred)
- Proficient with IAC tools such as (Terraform preferred)
- Proficient with containerized systems in a cloud environment
- Familiar with Scrum and Agile development methodologies
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- BS in computer science, engineering, software engineering, or related field, or equivalent working experience
- Drive and determination
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $97,000. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.