Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Pazien is a wholly owned subsidiary of FIS. We are building a unified reporting and analytics platform focused on simplification and data transparency. Our work environment is very Agile and highly collaborative; we work together as a team to understand customer needs and to deliver an outstanding product. We process thousands of reporting records per second in order to build best in class experiences for many of the world's largest merchants. We are a small team, each wearing multiple hats to deliver the best product we can.
What You Will be doing
Pazien is seeking to add a principle/senior level devops engineer to our small devops team. The goal of the DevOps group at Pazien is to build and maintain the infrastructure to enable rapid development of software, frequent releases to production, and a very high degree of reliability. Our goal is to automate, automate, automate, so that system maintenance becomes increasingly lightweight. At Pazien, we dedicate roughly 33% of our engineering team towards internal projects, which we work as part of our DevOps group. The DevOps team must work very closely with the feature engineering teams. The DevOps group at Pazien is responsible for:
- Maintaining and automating maintenance tasks for our AWS hosted infrastructure.
- Maintaining and automating maintenancetasks for our MongoDB database.
- Daily production operations.
- Running and automating our stage test and production release cycle
- Anything else that makes our software development lifecycle faster and more reliable
VISA sponsorship my be available in the U.S.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- at least one PAAS environment:AWS experience a plus (EC2, EBS, VPC, s3, Cloud Formation, Glacier, SES, SNS)
- at least one configuration management tool such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- at least one Linux OS
- proficient in at least on programming language: Python a plus
- proficient in a scripting language such as Shell-scripting, command line tools, etc.
- VM's / virtualization
- at least one continuous integration tool such asJenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, Team City, etc.
- at least one monitoring tool such asNagios, New Relic, etc.
- at least onesource control system - Git a plus
- Leadership - You can lead a team to successful outcomes.
- Impact - You take pride in making an impact on the organization. You look at problems from the perspective of the business and adapt your solutions to maximize impact.
- Iterative approach - You believe in delivering frequently and constantly improving. You are not afraid to try an approach to learn quickly. You iterate rapidly and are strategic about your approach.
- Versatility - In addition to having an intimate knowledge of your contributions, you also understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, etc.) and how they impact the overall product.
- Deep technically - You know how to build scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our current requirements. You stay up-to-date with architectural trends yet are pragmatic about making changes and know how to back decisions up with data.
- Passion - You demonstrate ownership and you ship. You pride yourself on code clarity, test coverage, deploying code cleanly, and following up to ensure it's running smoothly with automation in mind.
- Team Focus - Your teammates enjoy working with you and you believe that you can achieve more on a team
- Attractive benefits including private medical coverage, dental coverage, 401K, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.