DevOps Administrator at FIS
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We’re the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers — banks and retailers — so you might not have heard of us. But, if you’ve used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you’re most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go ‘round.
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index. Named a 2016 “World’s Most Admired Company” by Fortune Magazine.
About the team:
The North America Lending Service Delivery team is responsible for 3rd level support and management of the production environment for the Origenate application. They manage deployment of code into production, vulnerability remediation, and troubleshooting client issues. The Service Delivery Team is focused on production up time and ensuring CIO standards are met or exceeded on a daily basis.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Elevating code/configuration changes to various FIS systems, across test and live Production environments
- Managing software delivery and upgrade processes across many systems, while resolving technical and process conflicts
- Providing tier 2/lead technical support and troubleshooting, resolving issues escalated by other team members
- Implementing and supporting best practices and tools in version control, software development life cycle management, build management, and deployment management
- Analyzing the software development life cycle and identifying process improvements and automation opportunities
- Supplying the technical leadership to improve/streamline processes and systems, driving associated deliverables through to completion
- Working closely with project and technical leads in order to solve technical issues and meet customer deliverables
- Promoting software upgrades according to a schedule and providing follow-up environment support and issue troubleshooting as needed
- Installing, maintaining, and supporting applications and major IT system components and subsystems
- Implementing and configuring CICD tools for our team’s use in delivering changes
- Maintaining source control repositories and sharing in the development of effective configuration management strategies
- Coordinating and facilitating approved change windows for product release and infrastructure maintenance windows, participating in change management reviews as needed.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation (we have an extensive wiki knowledgebase!)
- Mentoring junior team members on software capabilities, use, and best practices Participating in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned
- Education Requirements:
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Advanced analytic and troubleshooting skills with the ability to solve new problems creatively
- Proficient critical thinking skills with the ability to apply existing knowledge to solve new challenges
- Ability to own a problem and lead it through to resolution.
- Coordinate resolution activities with IT groups across systems and platforms so they occur in sync Demonstrable knowledge of change and release management principles, procedures and techniques (SDLC, ITIL, CICD, DevOps, Automated testing, etc)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing Agile environment
- Comfortable working in a production support environment with the ability to respond to requests under tight deadlines in a dynamic working environment
- Must be well organized, self-motivated and self-directed Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication, with the ability to effectively discuss technical topics with both technical and non-technical audiences (project managers, quality assurance, developers, business analysts, architects, etc)
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a larger team to meet deliverables
- Willingness and availability to support off-hours (nights/weekend) on a rotational basis
- The ideal candidate would also bring knowledge of FIS products and services and/or knowledge of our client’s(banks) business functions and technology needs
- Operating Systems: Linux/Unix/Windows
- Container platforms: Kubernetes/Openshift
- Microservice Architecture: Docker
- Automation applications: Jenkins/Helm
- Version/Artifact control systems: Git/Artifactory
- Database: Oracle, SQL server, GT.M
- Atlassian Suite: JIRA/Bitbucket/etc
- Monitoring tools: Splunk/Kibana
- Cloud systems: Azure/AWS
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.