Developer Relations Program Manager at CircleCI
As a Developer Relations Program Manager at CircleCI, you will us scale our developer relations and community efforts through strategic processes and tooling, helping us to identify the process gaps and places where tooling is vital. You will be responsible for researching the right tools and implementing the processes needed to keep things running efficiently!What you’ll do
This role is valuable in helping us build the strongest Developer Relations team we possibly can. To do this, you will perform some of the following:
Add frameworks and processes to our Program foundation, such as:
- Process around speaking at, attending, and sponsoring developer events
- Crafting DevRel team onboarding documentation and processes
- Research tooling and implement a way to track and maintain metrics about our community members
- Contributing to efficiency by removing blockers, and identifying and presenting risks.
- Identifying conflicting partners and raising such issues to Developer Relations management.
- Using existing data to advise decision-making.
In addition to implementing processes for gaps that we’ve already identified, we’ll also look to you as the team’s specialist in noticing gaps and identifying vital processes in the future. You will serve as an integral part of ensuring our team’s successful enablement of the broader CircleCI developer community.
There are three key components for this role:
- Project manager (implementing processes to make sure tasks stay on track)
- Process and tooling implementation
- Research (and keep up with) the latest practices in order for the DevRel team to keep running efficiently and optimally
The ideal candidate should come with a strong customer focus, bias for action, and excitement about our field. We expect this individual to have the following skills, background, and motivations:
- Excellent skills in all aspects of planning, cross-group collaboration, communication, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail.
- A passion and proven track record for execution with measurable results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working with various timezones across a distributed team.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with different leadership levels throughout the organization without authority.
- Executes processes with mentorship and occasional assistance from DevRel Management.
- Proficient in a variety of program and project management tools and proven track record to quickly assess new tooling when appropriate.
- 2+ years of experience in program or project management or equivalent experience.
- Past experience in Developer Relations and/or Community Management a plus.
The Global Developer Relations and Community team is responsible for connecting with, inspiring, and educating developers (our users) on the CircleCI platform in particular, and DevOps principles in general. Our team works closely with multiple areas (and regions) of the company, from Marketing to Engineering to Product, to name a few, as well as forming relationships with 3rd parties and partners.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Level: Mid-Senior Level