Developer Community Lead at Contentful (Remote)
We’re looking for a Developer Community Lead to build our developer community programs globally from the ground up. In this role, you’ll be central to engaging and nurturing a community of developers while working closely with developer advocates, customers, partners, and internal stakeholders to execute programs and activate the Contentful developer community.What to expect?
- Community Strategy & Implementation: Lead the developer community strategy and implement programs, managecommunity engagements and advocacy programs globally.
- Super-User program: Create, launch, and manage our super-user program to get Community activated and engaged.
- Online community engagement and escalation: Listen to the community needs, bringing forward suggestions and plans for improvements and new functions. Ensuring Slack & Forum questions are responded to, handling escalations, moderation, building processes, etc.
- Community recognition: Create, launch and manage a program to recognize top contributors and active members in the community working closely with customer and partner teams, and social.
- 4+ years of experience in online community management, community engagement, or customer advocacy, working with developers or other technical community
- Empathy and the ability to understand community needs, gather feedback, and handle escalations appropriately
- A passion for community and technology and a readiness to learn Contentful
- A propensity for action and inclusivity which drives community collaboration, teamwork, and cross-team (and cross-time zone) alignment
- Strong attention to detail, the ability to manage deadlines, stay highly organized, and use data to make decisions
- Strong communicator with excellent presentation, writing, and copy editing skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Product Management, Customer Success) to plan and execute supporting community activities
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at [email protected] with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.