Quantum Metric helps organizations build better digital products faster. Our platform for Continuous Product Design gives business and technical teams a single version of truth that’s fast, quantified, and grounded on what customers actually experience. The result: Teams agree on priorities, build products customers love, and innovate with speed and confidence.
We are obsessed with helping businesses deliver better digital products and experiences. We encourage creative problem solving, rapid innovation and bold goal-setting. Our relatively flat organization structure keeps everyone informed and enables people to get involved in solving the problems they care about most. We are a close-knit team moving fast to deliver value to our customers and continue pushing the envelope as we develop new products.
About the Role
As a Delivery Engineer, you’ll help develop, scale, automate, and improve the underlying infrastructure, software, processes, and services required to support enterprise software development, quality engineering, and production releases. You’ll design and build tools to support data analytics around our release process to discover release, deployment and quality trends. You’ll work closely with other teams to continuously improve their requirements for the development, build and deployment process. You will also be researching new tools and practices that will help productivity.
This role is for you if you are passionate about automation and continuous improvement to how we build, test and deliver value to the customer, and are driven by empowering those around you. You have a strong understanding of Distributed Systems, Infrastructure, Automation and SaaS Release models. You have experience working as a delivery engineer, with data analytics and continuous deployment automation tool sets. You possess a strong sense of ownership and desire to build great tools for other engineers. You want to automate anything you can get your hands on. Most importantly, you understand the importance in delivering value to our customers frequently, and with the highest possible quality.
We’re not shy about our rapid pace. We’ve experienced incredible victories because we come up with bold solutions and have them built before our competitors have poured their morning coffee. You’ll need to be willing to learn quickly, fail fast, communicate often, pivot gracefully, grow from your mistakes and iterate.
- Experience automating and improving delivery pipelines and workflows using GitLab, or similar CI/CD platforms.
- Experience leveraging test automation to maintain high quality releases while handling the increasing frequency at which we deliver value to the customer.
- Strong understanding of build and dependency management tools and best practices.
- Proficient in managing container-based workloads using Kubernetes, Docker Swarm or other orchestration software.
- You understand the importance of Developer Experience (DX) and will stop at nothing to eliminate day-to-day toil and improve productivity and happiness for your peers.
- You embody the DevOps/SRE disciplines and understand the importance of aligning organizational initiatives to shared, customer focused objectives.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Self-driven with an analytical mind and a pragmatic approach to solving complex problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Code School Certification or equivalent.
- Experience automating workflows with various scripting languages.
- Comfortable using high level languages such as Go, Node.js or similar as well as whipping out a clever Bash script once in a while.
- Experience provisioning and leveraging ephemeral environments as part of the automated delivery workflow.
- Experience instrumenting delivery pipelines to gather data to make informed decisions on addressing bottlenecks and challenges leading to waste and loss of productivity.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, or similar Cloud Providers.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration Managements (CM) tools such as Terraform, Ansible or Puppet.
- Experience automating canary analysis and feedback.
- This will be the best group that you ever work with. We support one another through challenges and win as a team. Your hard work will be well rewarded with stock options, a competitive salary and full benefits. Most importantly, you’ll be strapped to a technology rocket ship bound for greatness! Your success at Quantum Metric will be a milestone in your career.
- Competitive earnings
- Full benefits, with medical covered 99% by the company
- 401k and Options / Equity
- Awesome, smart people who bring energy into every day of work
- Awesome product with valuable industry differentiation
About Quantum Metric
Since our founding in 2015, a growing list of brands have taken the Quantum Leap, including lululemon, IHG, and Carhartt. In 2019 Quantum Metric earned recognition for its revenue growth and product innovation from Deloitte (Top 100 fastest growing companies), CNBC (Upstart 100 most innovative companies), Gartner (Cool Vendor) and Ernst & Young (Entrepreneur of the Year).
The typical Quantum Metric customer achieves a full investment payback within three months of beginning to use our real-time digital intelligence platform and, on average, a 376% ROI over three years. We’re thoughtfully scaling out our team to add outstanding talent that is equally passionate about being part of a team that is fast-paced, innovative and values passion, honesty, persistence, and curiosity.
We’re offering you the opportunity to develop your career in a tech space ripe for disruption. If all of this inspires you, then what are you waiting for? Talk to us today!
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Quantum Metric reserves the right to change, edit, and add duties and responsibilities of all job descriptions at any time, at its sole discretion, and to notify the respective employee accordingly.
Quantum Metric is an E-Verify employer: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf