Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $154,800 - $196,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado. This is not a remote position.
Additional Compensation: This position is eligible for an end of year bonus.
Employment Benefits: Bluestaq offers a wide range of competitive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Leave, and 401k. For more information regarding Bluestaq benefits, please visit https://www.bluestaq.com/bennies.
Bluestaq starts with our people.
Are you ready for the best job you've ever had? At Bluestaq, we've rapidly built a culture around community, constant innovation, and customer commitment. Bluestaq is dedicated to cultivating a growth environment where our team feels valued, works with a sense of mission, is personally rewarded, and professionally challenged.
Bluestaq is an emerging technology company, founded in 2018 to streamline global operations using cutting-edge enterprise software and mission analytics. Bluestaq develops and transforms its enterprise systems and secures disparate data to solve our customers' most critical challenges. Today, Bluestaq primarily provides the U.S. Department of Defense and the nation's intelligence community with advanced software systems. Our name, Bluestaq, originates from "blue" a military term for friendly forces and "staq" referring to a software stack.
Bluestaq was recently recognized as a 2020 Colorado Company to Watch. Last year, Bluestaq was honored by the Colorado Technology Association as the 2019 Emerging Tech Company of the Year, named Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce and EDC 2019 New Company of the Year, recognized as a 2020 and 2019 Best Workplaces in Colorado Springs by the Colorado Springs Gazette, and acknowledged on three 2020 and 2021 Built In Colorado’s Best Places to Work Lists: Best Places to Work in Colorado, Best Small Companies to Work for in Colorado, and Best Paying Companies in Colorado.
Looking for amazing quality of life? In 2019, Colorado Springs scored a “Perfect 10” for “desirability” by US News & World Report.
Why join Bluestaq in Colorado Springs?
- Cost of living - below the national average
- Lifestyle Amenities – coffee shops, craft breweries, boutiques, locally-owned restaurants
- Nature – more than 100 parks and ample outdoor sporting opportunities
- Weather – Colorado Springs boasts over 300 days of sunshine a year
- Laid back atmosphere – an accessible alternative to the faced-paced Denver lifestyle
We are looking for an expert Cybersecurity Engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team. As a Cybersecurity Engineer 5 at Bluestaq, you are a recognized expert with hands-on cybersecurity expertise. The ideal candidate is a motivated, expert cybersecurity engineer with an understanding of core cybersecurity methodologies. In a Cybersecurity Engineering position at Bluestaq, you have a general understanding of technology infrastructures using Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy, and Security Audits. May lead a team of other engineers.
Basic Qualifications and Skills:
- 12+ years of cybersecurity experience with a Master's degree or 16+ years of cyber security experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrates an understanding of security, risk, and compliance for large scale computing solutions.
- Experience with cloud compliance and security standards.
- General networking knowledge.
- Experience with vulnerability scans and recognizing vulnerabilities in security systems.
- Experience with cloud-based concepts and the AWS component stack.
- Understanding of cloud identity and access management tools.
- Knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues.
- Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities.
- Experience implementing security controls and the STIG process.
- Experience with firewalls.
- Familiar with troubleshooting and debugging skills, with a passion for problem solving and investigation.
- Experience with Python, C++, Java, Ruby, Node, Go and/or Power Shell.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Displays a strong sense of ownership for projects.
- Ability to apply cybersecurity skills and knowledge to approach new problems in creative ways.
- Scopes work on complex projects involving multiple engineers and ensures the team’s delivery.
- Stay up to date with industry best practices and trends to apply to future software architectures.
- Displays a strong sense of ownership for projects.
- As a senior engineer on the team, facilitates mentorship and healthy collaboration across the program.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- CISSP certification
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance. To be eligible for a clearance, US Citizenship is required, and an employee must agree to participate in a background screen and credit check.
How to Apply: Please visit https://bluestaqllc.formstack.com/forms/jobapplication to apply for this position.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Bluestaq is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Bluestaq will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities and employees whose work requirements interfere with a religious belief unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Bluestaq or a direct threat. Employees needing such accommodation are instructed to contact Human Resources immediately at [email protected].