Cyber Security Operations Engineer at Alteryx, Inc.
Alteryx is searching for a Cyber Security Operations Engineer.
We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx, Inc. is looking for a Cyber Security Operations Engineer to support the effective and efficient operations of the Security Operations Center, including its next-gen artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) cyber security technologies, threat report generation, incident monitoring/response, and vulnerability management. Our engineers implement security best practices, policies, standards and guidance to ensure the safeguard of company data, infrastructure, and resources from internal and external threats. Team members are expected to perform their duties in accordance with all laws and regulations wherein the company operates, as well as the company’s policies and procedures.
What you’ll do:
- Engineer, operate, and maintain a wide range of security technologies within a global enterprise environment.
- Implement best practices for triaging, prioritizing, reproducing, troubleshooting, resolving, escalating, and reporting on security incidents with a clear understanding of the threat, severity, and remediation options that address the issues in a scalable and sustainable manner.
- Analyze and identify trends in security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices. Provide Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms actionable incident.
- Establish standard operating processes and protocols for incident response, risk management, vulnerability management, reporting planning, exercising, training, and continuous operational improvement.
- Stay current on new and emerging security threats and trends.
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis and offers security advisory services.
- Analyze and respond to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities.
- Apply knowledge of tactical to strategic level intelligence analysis of cyber threats, vectors, and actors in support of cyber defense and computer network operations.
- Participate in the training and development of associates.
- Ensure adherence to internal Service-Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of how to effectively engineer and operate security technologies across the security operations stack.
- Deep working knowledge of attack techniques, the cyber kill chain, and vulnerability management methodologies. An understanding of the incident response lifecycle, including containment, eradication, and recovery.
- Extensive understanding of SOC processes and reporting metrics with the ability to discern patterns from large amounts of disparate information while remaining adaptable in rapidly changing situations and environments.
- A comprehension of security methodologies, rules and regulations, system trust principals, and standards and frameworks, such as ISO, NIST, OWASP, SANS Top 20, PCI-DSS, SOX-404, CFPB, SSAE-18, and SOC2.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to triage alerts and perform SOC tier 1 and 2 job duties as necessary.
- Understanding of ticket-driven workflows.
- Intermediate skill in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Intermediate scripting knowledge in Python, PowerShell, or similar languages.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Information Technology, or related field preferred and a minimum of five (5+) years’ progressive information security experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a Security Operation Center preferred.
- Certified Information Systems Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Security+, or other related certifications preferred.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision for associates
- Health plans that cover your family and pets
- Company matched 401(k)
- Associate stock purchase plan
- Paid time off: up to 3 weeks of vacation, 9 holidays, and additional sick days, floating holidays, and volunteer time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness programs with up to $300 fitness allowance annually
- Collaborative offices stocked with healthy snacks and drinks
Interested? Learn more and apply today at alteryx.com/careers!
Please contact [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation/adjustment to review our website or to apply online.