Conversion Engineer II
The Conversion Lab is responsible for executing conversion related processes from legacy or competitor source systems. They also manage the DFWLAB domain infrastructure and assist users with system access and general network/application troubleshooting.
Core requirements and responsibilities:
- Execute data conversion related processes such as:
- Loading conversion portal with source data
- Running actual conversions to AMS360
- Loading databases to production for QA and Go Lives
- Working with developers and BA's to fix conversion bugs
- Execute SQL queries to modify data
- Maintain Professional Services production cluster
- Execute migrations from AFW to AMS360
- Fix/document issues that halt the migration process
- DFWLAB/Vertafore network administration
- Troubleshoot and respond to issues with DFWLAB servers, network access, user access
- Deploy/update new software, products
- Spec out new virtual machine server builds
- Coordinate with the Data Center and infrastructure teams to implement new software/hardware related changes
- Assist PS/CS employees with technical issues/workstation problems
- Maintain AMS360 snapshots and fulfill requests when problems arise.
- AMS360 In-house to Online deployments
- Work with existing customers in-house databases to migrate them to AMS360 Online
- Troubleshoot database issues via SQL
- Upgrade databases using NPR tools
- Provide technical consulting
- Process improvement
- Automate conversion related processes and DFWLAB tooling
- Provide recommendations to streamline processes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in SQL Scripts, SQL database structure
- Strong working knowledge of Network infrastructure
- Customer centric desire for delivery
- Ability to complete tasks on time and correctly.
- Ticket Management from inception and see it through to completion
- Working knowledge of SQL and SQL scripts
- A fast learner and comfortable with fast tempo environment.
- A problem solver and ability to simplify complex issues.
- Skilled in creating runbook for support processes.
- Have a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 5 years Technical experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Familiar and/or proficient on one or more of the following:
- MSSQL and Oracle Database
- Microsoft .NET based applications
- Microsoft Server 2008, 2012 + and IIS configuration
- Basic XML, VBscript, and SQL Scripting
- Python Programming
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- General understanding of insurance and insurance workflow
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
May be required to provide additional after-hours support to provide resolution or assistance to customers.
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Weekend work is required with this position.Typically, 2 weekends every other month
- Travel required up to < 5% of the time.
- Located in Denver Delivery Center
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.