Cloud Platform Engineer at Ibotta
Ibotta is looking for a Senior Cloud Platform Engineer to come build something great with us! As part of the engineering team, you will work on the systems and tools that power the microservices platform behind the Ibotta app, which is used by millions of consumers. We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a passion for building and scaling secure infrastructure leveraging technologies using AWS, Terraform, and Kubernetes. Every engineer has input into our product process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
What you’ll be doing:
- As a member of the Cloud Platform team, drive overall engineering productivity and empowerment for an event-based microservices platform hosted in AWS using Kubernetes
- Drive a DevSecOps culture by creating tools and guidance to enable product developer self-service, at velocity, for creating and operating microservices
- Provide infrastructure expertise for product development teams with special emphasis on microservice best practices, performance, and cost management
- Technical leadership for quarterly initiatives and projects
- Research and implement technology solutions for a secure, reliable, high performance, high transaction system
- Build automation tools for testing, provisioning, monitoring and deployment
- Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, etc.
- Experience managing and deploying large scale, highly available systems
- Experience automating tasks for internal or external applications
- 5+ years of professional experience in cloud infrastructure, software development, or system administration
These are nice to have, but not required:
- Working knowledge of bash/zsh scripting, Git, Go, Python, etc.
- Experience with cloud network architecture
- Experience with container orchestration, especially using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring, log aggregation, and APM, especially using DataDog
- Knowledge of software design and architecture principles
- Scrum/Agile development experience
What we value from great engineers:
- Love to teach and learn from your co-workers
- Elevate teammates through kindness, empathy, and honesty
- Pursue continuous growth personally and professionally
- Understand that communication is an important part of engineering work
- Value pragmatism, incremental development, automation, and quality
- Respect diverse perspectives and enjoy collaborating with other engineers to solve problems
- Trust your teammates, and embrace healthy conflict and debate
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping and payments app that has delivered more than $675 million in cumulative cash rewards to its users for making purchases in-store, on mobile apps, or via websites. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has more than 35 million downloads and has become one of the most frequently used shopping apps in the United States. The Ibotta platform provides cash back on purchases at more than 1,500 leading brands and hundreds of retailer partners. In 2019, Ibotta launched its payments solution, Pay with Ibotta™, enabling shoppers to pay for their entire purchase through the Ibotta app and instantly earn cash back. Ibotta was named to the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., after debuting on the list in 2018. The company recently became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.