Cloud DevOps Engineer at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The FIS Private Ecommerce Team works on ensure joined-up global application, infrastructure, data or security, designs, delivery and influencing the associated software roadmaps that supports the business product roadmaps and drive simplification and technology innovation
What you will be doing:
- AWS Sys admin support
- Design and own any virtualization solution (in Production)
- Puppet Automation: Develop, design and support automation modules using puppet technologies.
- Creating automated deployments and changes that can be handed over to the operations teams
- Provide SME escalation for complex support issues
- Evaluate system performance and produce reports to recommend and implement platforms improvements as appropriate
- Produce and maintain relevant technical and operational documentation.
- Interface and maintain relations with other Worldpay IT, and engineering teams.
What you bring:
- AWS: Solid experience with Cloud providers, specifically AWS with exposure to EC2, S3, RDS, CloudFormation, IAM, STS.
- Containerization: Familiarity with OpenShift Container Platform (Red Hat), Kubernetes and Docker is required.
- CI / CD: Working knowledge of Github, Jenkins, Ansible Tower, OpenShift Container Platform (OCP) and IntelliJ IDE is beneficial.
- Configuration Management: Experience with Puppet, Puppet Enterprise, Ansible, Ansible Tower and Terraform
- Linux Experience: Red Hat Administration skills for an environment consisting mostly of RHEL6/7 and CentOS with a few Ubuntu VMs
- Automation: We strive to automate everything; you will be required to develop Production-ready code to deploy.
- Networking - Able to troubleshoot connectivity issues and has a working knowledge of Firewalls, Proxies, VPN, CIDR notation, TLS and DNS
- Virtualization - Familiar with the techniques used to virtualize servers, applications, and desktops. Knowledge of the data center requirements to implement each technology.
- VMWare - Experience with VRA / VRO for system automation, management and monitoring
- Scripting: Scripting background in Ruby, Python, Shell or PowerShell
- Server Systems Design: Familiarity with server components and operating systems in data center and hosted configurations. Knowledge of storage, network, and virtualization; and the ability to integrate these in an application design.
- The successful applicant will have 5+ years' experience with Configuration Tool Management experience, VMWare technologies and be hands on with builds, configuration and scripting automated deployments.
- Advanced knowledge in vSphere and knowledge in one or more of : VMware SRM, VMware Heartbeat, vCenter Operations Manager (VCOPS), vCenter Configuration Manager (VCM), vCloud Director (VCD).
What we offer you:
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.