Cloud Automation Architect at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
FIS’ Managed IT services provide flexibility to financial institutions as their needs vary and evolve. Our experienced staff takes action to ensure your assets, systems and applications stay current and continuous. That’s why organizations in financial services and other industries rely on our team of experts who are dedicated to information, network and internet security.
What you will be doing:
FIS is looking for a Cloud Automation Architect to help maintain and advance infrastructure that enables the apps and services powering our business services and customers. In this position, you will manage infrastructure projects and processes and provide strategy and implementation services that enable Operations to achieve substantial cost reduction and business agility benefits through the use of DevOps and continuous delivery processes. Candidate must also have strong problem-solving abilities, be able to work both at high and low levels of detail, have excellent communication skills and have experience successfully leading implementation teams.
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning.
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management.
- Test implemented designs.
- Handle code deployments in all environments.
- Establish best practices and procedures.
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve.
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations.
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improvement development delivery.
- Consult with peers for feedback during testing stages.
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards.
- Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects.
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes.
- Improve infrastructure development and application development.
- Documents and publishes appropriate architecture principles and standards, position papers, blueprints, best practices, patterns and frameworks.
- Communicates system architecture to technical and business audiences.
What you bring:
- 3+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role
- Demonstrated knowledge of infrastructure as code, automation and configuration tools (Puppet, Ansible, and Chef)
- Experience with Ansible setup, managing hosts file, using YAML, authoring various playbooks and custom modules
- Experience with DevOps and infrastructure automation for the cloud
- Experience with Microsoft Azure (preferred), or similar cloud infrastructure and best practices You possess a strong command of software-automation production systems (Jenkins, etc.)
- You can maintain Java web applications
- You have experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring
- You have working knowledge of Ruby or Python and known DevOps tools like Git and GitHub
- You have a working knowledge of databases and SQL
- You can work independently and as part of a team.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
What we offer you:
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.