Carrier Solutions Engineer at Zoom Video Communications
- Partner with Product Manager, Carrier Relations to evaluate prospect carriers, assess service catalog, lead technical discussions, and include onboarding new carriers.
- Lead technical evaluation of the carriers, product and services; joint collaboration with Network Engineering, and DevOps to ensure that Zoom’s services are compatible with the carriers, infrastructure during the POC trial stage.
- Align with Zoom DevOps Technical team to capture technical requirements and create POC Bill of Material, manage through the procurement protocols and deploy the required services/products for trial.
- Cultivate relationships with Zoom’s telecommunication and network providers.
- Coordinate between Business Units to translate technical and commercial needs into viable interconnection solutions for backbone, IP Transit and SIP requirements.
- Identify Carrier options available which address diversity, business continuity and disaster recovery requirements for backbone and interconnect projects.
- Based on industry knowledge, address technical requirements and capabilities with internal Business Units and the Carriers.
- Provision and document global Telco and Network Carrier services in support of the Zoom’s global backbone to include, but not limited to, IP Transit, point-to-point waves, cloud connectivity and SIP infrastructures.
- Participate in network and financial costs analysis and identify where efficiencies can be achieved.
- Manage multiple projects and meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Must have at least a BS/BA degree and/or 5+ years working within the Telecommunications industry whether for a Carrier or having managed Carriers.
- 5+ years experience designing or maintaining Wide Area Networks, Multi- homed Internet connectivity, and SIP infrastructures.
- 3+ years experience working at or with Hyperscale companies.
- Strong in network routing theory and VoIP architectures.
- Sales Engineering or Technical Account Manager experience with a Carrier is a plus
- Knowledge of the basic milestones within the Telecom provisioning process and how to manage the lifecycle.
- Ability to articulate and troubleshoot Layer 7 OSI Model.
- Strong business and technical acumen with the ability to translate between the two.
- Ability to present to various audiences including, but not limited to, Product Management, Network Engineering, Operations and Executives.
- Confidence and ability to negotiate with service providers.
- Self-motivated with the ability to dive right in, be effective and make a difference.
- Familiarity with G-Suite, Asana, Jira
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Hear from our leadership team
Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
Visit our Blog
Zoom with us!
Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram