Backend Python/Django Software Engineer - Product
Unbox a better lawn. We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a consumer-centric lens of e-commerce and technology. Our approachable, data-driven service and products help Americans in every state turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems, without all the toxic stuff. (Think Method Home meets StitchFix - for Lawns!)
We are backed by a group of top-tier investors (including Sequoia, Forerunner, and Tusk), and we are looking for the right people to grow our core team. Together, we will redefine an industry by continuing to build cutting-edge products that help people and the environment. If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out our recent coverage on TechCrunch!
Sunday is looking for talented and motivated engineers to work on building a direct-to-consumer platform that aims to help people manage their property. With an ever-expanding customer base we have a long roadmap of amazing products to build. Key to this role will be the ability to balance both short-term deliverables and long-term goals as Sunday continues to thrive and scale for the future. We look forward to hiring someone who will work tirelessly to understand our customers and deliver the best possible customer experience through collaboration with internal teams beyond engineering.
- Design, build, and deploy production software to meet immediate and future business needs.
- Contribute to development of stable and scalable backend for a data heavy D2C business.
- Collaborate with Product and Operations teams to design and implement both internal and customer facing features and tools.
- Lend support to maintain and improve the software platform in its entirety.
- Pragmatic, product-focused, approach to building software
- 3-5 years experience working with Python building large scale web applications/APIs in Django
- Direct to Consumer experience would be a plus
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively towards individual goals
- Positive attitude with curiosity to discover and solve new problems
- Passionate about understanding customer experience and working to improve it
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, frequently changing and evolving environment
- Desire to work alongside product and operations teams to create new features and processes
- Knowledge of Python (backend development) is required.
- 2+ years experience with Django is required.
- Django Rest Framework is a plus.
- Understanding or desire to learn Docker, Kubernetes, and CI/CD processes.
- Comfortable working in the command line.
- Be a core member of small, focused engineering team building new technologies
- Help make critical decisions that will drive success
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 99%; spouse/family 50%
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) program
- Located in beautiful Boulder, Colorado (Remote available for qualified candidates)