Azure Systems Support Engineer with Cloud skills at FIS
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We're the development engine of FIS: the largest,Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers- banks and retailers- so you might not have heard of us. But, if you've used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you're most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go 'round. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index. Named a 2016 "World's Most Admired Company" by Fortune Magazine.
About the Team:
FIS is looking for a Systems Support Engineer to help join a new SRE function within giving you the chance to shape best practices as we migrate our core acquiring platform to a cloud based micro-services architecture.
Operating IST/Switch Online Payments transactions processing for one of the world's largest payment processors requires diligence and experience designing and running highly available, highly scalable systems in production.
FIS Mobile is looking to add an experienced, professional, and energetic Systems Engineer with Cloud (Azure) skills to our growing team. Successful candidates will have a solid background in systems support in a highly available, 24/7, public facing Linux environment. The Systems Support Engineer with Cloud will work closely with the Client Services and Product teams to ensure SaaS Operations can exceed SLA and uptime objectives for our fortune 100 customers. The role is designed for a sys admin ninja who can not only triage and prioritize when necessary, but has a strong sense of responsibility and ownership, and can drive a complex problem to completion.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with various cloud providers to deploy and run infrastructure used by our SaaS products.
- Operate, deploy and enhance components of our ecosystem such as Load Balancers, Firewalls, monitoring and alerting tools, etc.
- Serve as the escalation point for technical support issues.
- Ensure that SLA for our 24/7 production and supporting environments is maintained.
- Contribute to and maintain process documentation for the SaaS team.
- Continually seek opportunities to improve SLA/Uptime and minimize customer impacts.
- Understand, champion and enforce security and compliance policies and procedures.
- 5+ years experience supporting a high availability publicly facing product with 24/7 uptime and 99.9%+ SLA.
- 2+ years experience on the Microsoft Azure platform.
- Effectively prioritize deliverables and manage workload to meet deadlines.
- The ability to multi-task and work across a range of projects and issues with various timelines and priorities.
- Driven, dedicated contributor that expects excellence from him/herself and the team he/she leads.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Broad knowledge of architecture of enterprise level information technology hardware (e.g., WAN, LAN and computer systems and peripherals) and software platforms.
- Experience operating commercial, client facing applications in Microsoft Azure.
- Deploying product features and updates on application/web servers (JBoss, Apache)
- Knowledge and understanding of networking technologies. (VPN, Load Balancers, Firewalls, Routers, etc.)
- Understanding of internet technologies. (Web servers, encryption, XML, HTTP, Web Services, etc.)
- Experience with Databases, SQL, LDAP.
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.