SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally and is headquartered in Denver with 9 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 70 million households.
The Automation Engineer role at SpotX is responsible for building automation frameworks for our delivery teams, maintaining test data for our automation efforts, containerizing our environments via docker, implementing CICD pipelines in Jenkins, supporting and training our delivery teams to increase their automated test coverage, adding visibility to our code quality and coverage, and implementing monitoring and alerting for our test environments.
- Build automation frameworks for web applications, web services, and backend systems
- Utilize relevant open source testing tools
- Building and maintaining automation frameworks
- Mentoring delivery teams in using, maintaining, and adding additional test coverage to automation frameworks
- Build and maintain Jenkins pipelines to get us to a true CICD environment
- Increase automation stability by containerizing test environments using docker
- Add visibility to code quality, coverage, and security via sonarqube
- Implement monitoring and alerting of test environments in Grafana
- Passion for an automation career and making software better!
- A willingness to help mentor and train other engineers
- Hands-on programming experience with Java, Python, Bash, or another language
- Automation career focused
- 1 to 3 years experience in an automation-focused role
- Experience in building Automation frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, Pytest, etc)
- Knowledge of databases (MySQL, Cassandra, etc)
- Comfortable at a shell prompt (Unix/linux experience)
- Understanding of source control (Subversion, Git, Gerrit, etc)
- Understanding of modern DevOps concepts
- Knowledge of CICD practices
- Experience with CI tools, like Jenkins, as automation server for building, deploying, and testing
- Experience with Sonarqube and Grafana as scanning and monitoring tools preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- This position can be remote, our Headquarters are located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, unlimited time off, a comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision insurance), 401k matching program, education assistance, gym reimbursement, parental leave, and an annual technical education stipend
- The base compensation range for this role, depending on level I, II or III: $70,000 - $90,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- At SpotX, we strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. We hire based on experience and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- COVID-19 Precautions: remote interview process, virtual onboarding for new hires
- An innovative company building best-in-class technology from 9 offices around the world (including Denver, New York City, London, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, and Belfast)
- A fun, casual, and collaborative culture with a commitment to work-life balance
- An award-winning organization, check out our latest accolades here
- Committed to work life balance, offering a company-wide annual holiday break: our offices are closed from Christmas to New Years
- Proud to give back through the SpotX for Change Program matches up to $250 per year of employee donations to charities. SpotX contributed over $50K to charitable organizations in 2020
- Featured on The Muse, learn more about our company and view employee testimonials here
- In the news...check out our latest updates here
We LOVE our customers.
We BELIEVE in our people.
We RESPECT each other.
We are DRIVEN.
We are SPOTX.
SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally. The company’s solutions enable media owners to monetize content across all screens and streams while providing advertisers with direct access to brand-safe, premium inventory. With best-in-class technology purpose-built for video, SpotX’s trusted, privacy-compliant solutions are employed by some of the largest media owners in the world including A+E Networks, Crackle Plus, The CW Network, Dentsu CCI, Discovery, Fox Corporation, fuboTV, LG, Microsoft, Newsy, Pluto TV, Roku, Samsung, Sling TV, and Vudu. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 70 million households. SpotX is a subsidiary of Bertelsmann’s RTL Group and is headquartered in Denver with 9 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. Learn more at www.spotx.tv.