Associate Quality Assurance Engineer
Wiland is a leading provider of marketing audiences and consumer intelligence to many of the nation's top companies and organizations. Leveraging our vast transactional database and sophisticated analytics, we deliver highly targeted marketing solutions to thousands of clients in multiple sectors, driving increased client revenue, market share, and profitability. To help fuel our continued rapid growth, we seek dedicated, high-caliber professionals who are smart and energetic, have a positive attitude and take pride in their work.
We are seeking dedicated, high caliber professionals who are smart and energetic, have a positive attitude and take pride in their work. Currently, we have an opening for an Associate Quality Assurance Engineer. The Associate Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for performing the integration/system testing phases of product development. These activities include executing test cases, verifying test results, and communicating results to the development team. Occasionally, the Associate QA Engineer will also be responsible for writing and managing integration/system test plans. The Associate QA Engineer must be familiar with the software development process and must have critical attention to detail. The primary responsibilities of the Associate Quality Assurance Engineer position include:
- Execute test cases and verify results, including scripts to query the affected database tables to verify database inserts/updates are performing correctly
- Report failed test cases to the appropriate Software Development Team Lead and enter defects in JIRA
- Build a library of test cases for each software component that can be used for regression testing
- Summarize and report test results, e.g., number of tests conducted, percent of test cases passed on first attempt, number of issues reported, etc.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Must be able to produce college transcripts showing minimum 3.0 GPA if applicable.
- 1+ year of software development experience or software quality assurance experience
- 1+ year experience in the following key technologies:
- RDBMS – requires understanding of relational database and excellent SQL skills
- Unix Experience Required
- Shell scripting/Perl – Required
- C/C++ - Desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Experience with a Software Development methodology desired
- Direct Marketing Industry Experience a plus
- Team oriented approach with a positive attitude
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
We offer our employees a fast-paced, dynamic, energetic and family-oriented work environment, as well as competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Our benefits include: Medical, Dental and Vision, Flexible Spending Account, Basic and Voluntary Life/ADD&D Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, 401(k) Retirements Savings Plan, Generous PTO Accruals and Company Holidays. See our website at www.wiland.com for additional information about our company to submit your resume for confidential consideration. EOE.