Associate Manager Technology at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
HR Technology Associate Manager
● Manage a team of HR Technology professionals that define, develop, and maintain HR systems.
● Coordinate studies and implement new processes and security.
● Supervise team members; respond to complex, escalated enquiries; and check the work of others to ensure technology projects are conducted effectively and recommendations and reports are accurate and timely.
● Prioritize and assign tasks to ensure that the team's resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met.
What You'll Be Doing
- Responsible for prioritizing and delivering global requests for Core HR, Time and Absence, Benefits, Sales Compensation, Payroll and Learning.
- Leads Team of application developers/configurators ensuring best practices are followed and security processes are followed.
- Responsible for analyzing requests, partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop cross organizations solutions.
- Responsible to lead team through the implementation of the requests, build, test, support and maintenance.
- Collaborate with Solution Architects to identify new feature rollouts for HR applications, building roadmaps and understanding technical dependencies.
- Responsible for making decisions guided by policies, procedures, and business plans, receives guidance and oversight from HR Technology Management.
- Mostly self-directed with minimal to no direct supervision. Expectation of weekly touchpoints with leader.
- Accountable for the results of large to small development efforts being performed by the HR Technology Team.
- Responsible for maintaining effective communication with request stakeholders throughout the organization (HR, IT, etc.).
- Coaches team members on performance, completes employee performance evaluations and recommends pay actions.
- Collaborates with Stakeholders and Solution Architects to build system Roadmaps.
- Builds direct team, as well as, influences team members of the functional area. Cultivates opportunities to improve team morale and function wherever possible. Evaluates interactions with cross functional teams and encourages collaboration.
- Ensures consistent delivery for all direct reports, teams and functional areas in sphere of responsibility. Monitors well-being and needs of team members and acts as required to ensure ongoing success.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
- Highly-developed business acuity and acumen.
- Solid understanding of the technology being applied by the team within functional area, as well as, other related functional areas. Strong understanding of leadership best practices and company standards.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organization skills and strong ability to prioritize.
- Firm grasp on information technology and operational best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to positively impact peer-to-peer interactions, leading by example. Must possess the ability to effectively address any potential dysfunctions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with business stakeholders, managers in other functional areas and directors in own functional area.
- Proven ability to manage personnel through the accomplishment of business delivery for team. Encourages career growth and personal growth for all team members.
What We're Looking For
- Requires 5–7 years of Workday experience with a 4-year technical degree in engineering, computer science; or 3 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent work experience working in HR Technology or IT Teams.
- Workday experience must include integrations, business process, and security configuration., working with Workday and Workday partner systems.
- Must have experience with Learning Platforms, Case Management Systems, Sales Compensation, Oracle Fusion Pay Motive and Payroll Applications.
- Working in or managing a Global Team is a must as this role will be required to work Globally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to manager personnel through the accomplishment of business delivery for team. Encourages career growth and personal growth for all team members.
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office Suite products including SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software.
- Spoken and written fluency in English.
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgement.
What We Offer at Arrow
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- Free covered parking, included bicycle and motorcycle parking
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)