Associate Full Stack Engineer at Ibotta
Ibotta is looking for a junior, front-end focused Full Stack Engineer to help build software that helps our shoppers save time and money. As part of the engineering team, you will work on the platform that powers our website. Every engineer has input into our product process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble team
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Outhustle, Teamwork, Transparency & A good idea can come from anywhere
- Build scalable, responsive, customer-facing sites in Vue.Js (our new web products), Ember.js (our legacy web products) and potentially other front-end technologies
- Work with a cross-functional team to design and develop new features that will be used by millions of users
- Write tests and help perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
- Start to own our technical solutions from terraform (i.e. infrastructure as code) to CSS
- Stay abreast of the ever-changing technology landscape to help drive the conversation about the best tools and technologies for the problems we’re solving
- Build new microservices using the right language/tool for the job. Our current microservices are written in a variety of languages including Node, Ruby, Java, etc, using REST and GraphQL
What we are looking for:
- Exposure to relevant technologies such as Typescript, Ruby, and other backend technologies, etc.
- Knowledge of object-oriented software design, development, and architectural principles
- Familiarity with source control systems including Git
- CSS, Responsive Design & Design Systems
- Building and/or working with component libraries
Here are some of the traits that we seek in great engineers:
- love to teach and learn from your co-workers
- look for ways to continually challenge yourself and develop as an engineer
- understand that communication is a huge part of your software engineering responsibility and practice it daily
- understand that testing your code is one of the most important aspects of software engineering
- respect diverse perspectives and like collaborating with other engineers to solve hard problems
- understand that delivering products incrementally helps provide more value to the business
- trust your teammates, and embrace healthy conflict and debate. You are not afraid to voice your opinions, but you are okay with not always being right
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping and payments app that has delivered more than $675 million in cumulative cash rewards to its users for making purchases in-store, on mobile apps, or via websites. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has more than 35 million downloads and has become one of the most frequently used shopping apps in the United States. The Ibotta platform provides cash back on purchases at more than 1,500 leading brands and hundreds of retailer partners. In 2019, Ibotta launched its payments solution, Pay with Ibotta™, enabling shoppers to pay for their entire purchase through the Ibotta app and instantly earn cash back. Ibotta was named to the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., after debuting on the list in 2018. The company recently became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, and equity.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.