Advanced Systems Manager III - Survivability & Strike at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Advanced Systems Manager III – Survivability & Strike
What You'll Do:
- Work with other Survivability & Strike team members, customers, and end users to find solutions to today's needs and help develop concepts for next generation platforms.
- Lead a team of engineers and related staff focused on capturing Survivability and Strike programs within the Tactical Systems (TS) business unit and support them through successful transition to production.
- Develop technology concepts, direct innovative research, and establish industrial partnerships necessary to effectively compete in Survivability and Strike markets.
- Plan and execute IRAD projects to capture the business opportunities.
- Be responsible for developing and executing IRAD strategy to develop and mature cutting-edge technologies that provide a tactical edge to our warfighters.
- Aid in development of five- and ten-year strategic plans for Survivability and Strike systems.
- Foster innovative design approaches and rapid prototyping.
- Work with our prime and government customers to translate technical system level performance data into recommended sub-system and component level requirements that can be executed and put into production
- Develop proposal strategy, including technical presentations, win themes, key points, and pricing.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 12 years or more related experience
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- An advanced degree preferred.
- Current Secret Security Clearance is required. A Top Secret clearance with SSBI is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Missile Platforms, Customers and Market required
- Track record of successfully taking antenna designs from concept into production
- Demonstrated excellence in leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant business environments. Influencing, communication and team skills will be critical to successful execution of the duties of the position.
- Extensive experience with program execution within classified program environments
- Demonstrated experience in leading design teams and new business capture activities.
- Superb presentation skills with documented presentation experience to senior decision making and technical audiences. Proposal experience including strong technical writing skills.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $149,000 - $205,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.