Energy and Power Field Applications Engineer at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Position:Energy and Power Field Applications Engineer
The Energy and Power Field Applications Engineer will report into Richardson RFPD’s corporate engineering and will drive our demand creation efforts as well as provide application support to our key customers in North America.
The focus will be on a group of strategic Tier 1 vendors who provide products that are used in industrial power applications such solar and wind power, battery chargers, electric vehicles, welding, AC/DC drives, UPS, MRI, laser and induction heating.
Working in conjunction with the local technical marketing and sales team, the Energy and Power Applications Engineer will also act as technical advisor for the sales force and will play a key role in the execution of Richardson RFPD corporate strategy in the territory.
- Has an advanced understanding of customer’s needs and will leverage Richardson RFPD’s line card, engineering and design services resources to identify & facilitate Energy and Power solutions for customers.
- Responsible for architecting and developing solution specifications, a preliminary feasibility assessment and for providing guidance with the engineering execution. The E&P Applications Engineer will work closely with Richardson RFPD’s corporate engineering team as well as third-party design support entities to ensure successful completion of these projects.
- Assists in the qualification of energy & power opportunities as well as supporting the field in increasing product content in new designs. Participate in regional and corporate vendor reviews.
- Develop and drive strategic technical plans by supplier line or customer solutions. Organize engineering customer events and participate in trade shows representing Richardson RFPD as the technical subject matter expert.
- Attend supplier product trainings in person or via conference calls and keep abreast of emerging new technology by participating in industry workshops, seminars and trade shows.
● BSEE or related engineering degree and 5+ years of engineering experience.
● Experience in a sales environment, supplier or distribution, preferred.
● Demonstrated working knowledge of power conversion circuits (1kWatt+) and various system topologies such as single-phase/three-phase bridge, half-bridge/full bridge, buck and boost.
● Strong knowledge and experience with wide bandgap semiconductor processes and products such as SiC (Silicon Carbide) and GaN (Gallium Nitride) is required.
● Detailed working experiences pertaining to high power components including IGBT’s, MOSFETs, electrolytic/film capacitor and thermal management products.
● Excellent communication skills and ability to consult in a client-facing role.
● Strong technical presentation and analytical skills.
● Traveling required 20-25% of the time.