UX / UI Designer
Full-time ($70,000 - $90,000 annual salary)
SonderMind is a digital health company changing the game in behavioral health by increasing access and utilization of this important part of our well-being. We are creating a national, digitally-integrated network of behavioral health providers that lets them focus on providing great care, while we provide the rest. This network, combined with a variety of software offerings, generates the data and capability needed to serve the consumers, employers and health systems looking to access high-quality behavioral health care.
We are hiring our first in-house designer to help lead and execute on a variety of design and UX initiatives that will touch literally every part of the company. The SonderMind UX / UI Designer will work closely with a number of teams within the company: Product, Marketing, Network Growth and the CEO. This is a ground-floor opportunity to grow with a VC-backed company with plans to become a national force for changing this important segment of healthcare. Our team is made up of experienced healthcare, technology and product professionals who work very hard and thrive in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing. As an early team member, we will expect you to exhibit extreme ownership of your objectives, demonstrate a willingness to take risks and never act as a cog in the wheel. We value healthy debate, but ascribe to a “disagree, but commit” attitude once we make a decision.
The ideal candidate should expect to have one primary leader/manager, but be responsible for projects that may involve working directly with everyone on the team. We expect most candidates to have 3-7 years of professional design experience, ideally with relevant experience in UI-focused product design or interactive web design. You will also be expected to provide input into U/X and marketing design. The primary goals and responsibilities for this team member will be:
- Create highly functional, beautiful and user-centered products and experiences
- Design and iterate on full-scale graph designs
- Design and iterate web layout, flow, and assets
- Create and illustrate UI wireframes and prototypes, taking feedback from various stakeholders to iterate and develop final design files
- Design and manage all external-facing communication media, including multiple websites, landing pages, email templates and printed materials
Gotta Have This
- Strong portfolio, with demonstrated ability to create highly functional, beautiful, and user-centered products and experiences
- Ability to design and iterate end-to-end designs and user flows
- Ability to create and illustrate UI wireframes and prototypes, taking feedback from various stakeholders to iterate and develop final design files
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with a varied toolset that best fits the job at hand
- Ability to design and manage all external-facing communication media, including multiple websites, landing pages, email templates and printed materials
- Expert experience using various design tools including Sketch, Figma, Adobe suite, Balsamiq, InVision, and others
- Strong empathy for the customer and passion for a delightful customer experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Extremely strong work ethic and internal motivation
- Knowledge and comfort in HTML / CSS
Nice to Have This
- Bachelor’s degree
- User testing background and understanding of market research, to include using data analysis tools to support hypotheses
- Experience and Career Growth. You will be part of the core team as the company enters a major growth phase. We always look to promote first from within and everyone on the team is taking on multiple roles. We don’t know how to say “that isn’t my job.”
- Startup Environment. From our location directly across from Union Station, to an office with a Stormtrooper greeting people entering the office, to brick walls covered by whiteboards, things are changing and improving EVERY SINGLE DAY.
- Health, Vision, Dental and 401k. Excellent employee benefits.
- Therapy Benefits. Of course, we encourage our team to engage in proactively maintaining strong behavioral health and offer all employees access to SonderMind therapists.
- Stock Option Grant. We want all of our team to be focused on long-term success and growth.
- Competitive Start-Up Salary. We all need to eat, right?
How to Apply
Upload your resume, cover letter, link to portfolio, and answers to the questions below.
- What are the two pieces of work in your portfolio for which you were the primary designer and are most proud?
- How you would approach conducting a website redesign? Feel free to use sondermind.com as a reference, if helpful, and provide the key steps in your process.
- Why do you want to work for a startup?
Note: SonderMind does not provide relocation assistance for this position.
SonderMind Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.