Solution Design Senior Principal at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Solution Design Senior Principal to partner with Sales Executives to drive net new business for Guild. As a Solution Design Principal, you will engage with C-suite and VP level executives at global enterprise companies (e.g. Fortune 500) to design strategies, solutions, and business cases for how companies can use education and learning to unlock opportunity for their workforce. Additionally, since Solution Design is a new function at Guild, you would take a leadership role in helping to build and scale the culture, team, tools, and operations.
Guild operates on the cutting edge of the Future of Work, partnering with the United States’ largest companies to innovate on how to educate and upskill millions of employees. These employers span industries, with a particular focus on employers with large populations of front-line employees.
As Solution Design Senior Principal, you will:
- Engage with C-suite and VP level executives at our largest global enterprise companies (e.g. Fortune 500) on how they can use education and learning to unlock opportunity for their workforce
- Partner with Sales to generate new business and grow revenue, bringing expertise on the Guild solution and expert knowledge on education, learning and future of work into every phase of the sales cycle
- Serve as Lead to help our partners design the right strategy, approach, and business case for their education strategy; you may be building an upskilling strategy for a massive retailer, designing an implementation focused on economic mobility for Black and Brown workers, and working with our analytics team on ROI models—all in the same day!
- Take a leadership role in helping to build and scale the culture, team, tools, and operations
- Work cross-functionally with Guild’s Product, Ops, Client Services and others to provide visibility and feedback into new partner goals so they can successfully implement the right solutions
- Manage cross-functional teams of analysts and subject matter experts to ensure high quality solution design; given our matrixed org structure, there is an optional opportunity to manage team members directly
- Share insight with Guild’s product, strategy, and leadership teams to drive roadmaps based on market demand
You are a strong fit for this role if:
- You relish the opportunity to learn new things quickly — you would happily move between a meeting about Guild’s product roadmap, to one on pedagogical approaches for working adults, to a meeting with a C-suite leader on their upskilling strategy
- You’re a strategic leader with exposure to strategy, product, partnership development/BD, and product marketing; you’ve held leadership roles where you’ve had to manage many workstreams in fast changing, cross-functional environments
- You can influence partners—especially executive audiences—through data, well structured arguments, and compelling narratives
- You’re expert at leading a process to diagnose partner challenges, uncovering what will motivate investment, and weaving together the goals of top level leaders and day-to-day operators
- You’re curious about all things education, learning, HR tech, and future of work; you care deeply about unlocking opportunity for workers
- You know how to lead internal teams through influence, directing complex projects with changing deadlines
- You’re skilled at building organizational culture, giving and receiving feedback, and supporting the development of team members (including peers)
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $170,000 - $200,000 and 43% variable compensation eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including gym/fitness stipend and access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth