SonderMind is looking to add an experienced UX/UI Designers at the mid and senior level. In this role, you will take complex workflows and convert them into simple, fluid, and delightful experiences that drive SonderMind's mission to redesign behavioral health. You will partner with stakeholders, product managers, and developers to shape end-to end experiences from conception to implementation. You will join a lean team of designers who are highly collaborative and creative in developing effective design solutions.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate you have a strong understanding of all parts of the design process and have the ability to create new, innovative features, and iterate on existing features to create a better user experience. You are comfortable leading design projects and working cross functionally. You are self-directed and work well in both autonomous and collaborative environments.
- Within two weeks, start learning about SonderMind's existing platforms, teams, and goals. Become familiar with competitors and some industry-specific knowledge.
- Within one month, work alongside your product manager and developers to design, iterate on, and implement an idea that measurably impacts our quarterly OKRs. Create detailed user flows, wireframes, mocks, etc. as needed. Build out initial prototypes for user testing.
- Within the first three months ,take a project from concept to implementation (from high level requirements to defining product flow and interaction design). Be the UX/UI Lead on a cross-functional team (PM, Developers, Stakeholders) for a product area of focus.
- A minimum of 3 years of dedicated experience in interaction design, experience design, or digital design.
- Strong working knowledge of standard UX design tools such as Figma or Sketch
- Strong, clean visual sense; advocate for simple, modern design and adherence to design conventions and best practices
- Ability to create new, innovative features and iterate on existing features to create a better user experience
- Experience in present work to cross-functional stakeholders and articulate design rationale
Nice to Have
- BA/BS in Arts/Technology or certificate program in UX Design
- Experience designing and documenting accessible experiences
- Experience planning and conducting user research and usability testing
- Experience integrating qualitative and quantitative data into design work and interactions
- Experience or interest in copywriting/UX writing
- This role is located in Denver, CO and is a full-time, non-exempt position
- Salary range starting at $95,000. Actual title and compensation are commensurate upon experience and skills
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A great downtown location and stocked with unlimited drinks and snacks (NOTE: company is fully remote during COVID pandemic)
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.