Senior Product Designer at Havenly
At Havenly, we believe that everyone deserves a beautiful home they love. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Denver, we make decorating and shopping for your home fun, convenient and affordable.
As a Senior Product Designer (ui/ux) at Havenly, you'll be responsible for designing gorgeous, usable and delightful user interactions, experiences, and interfaces. Working closely with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders, you'll own the full strategy and execution of the user interface from user research, to designing prototypes, and all steps in between. You'll work to continually elevate the Havenly product by designing for user delight, and obsessing over the details that make a product move from good, to great, to exceptional. If you are a talented, visual-and-impact-oriented, user-centric designer, this could be your dream job.What you’ll do:
- Champion a set of product design principles that ultimately drive decisions about the Havenly product experience.
- Ensure those principles consistently carry across platforms (desktop web; mobile web; and mobile app) and user types (design client; interior designer; eCommerce).
- Design beautiful - and usable - product features.
- Demonstrate high-quality design practices - this includes participation in all aspects of UX: research, ideation, strategy, interaction design, information architecture, and gorgeous visual execution.
- Work cross-functionally across design, product, engineering, growth, and executives.
- Brainstorm and ideate around new concepts and features.
- Articulate and defend design decisions to executives, product managers and engineers.
- Rapidly prototype and iterate on new features or experiences - love running design sprints? Awesome!
- Exhibit empathy, enthusiasm, and motivation in every interaction.
- Make it beautiful, simple, and delightful, always.
- 6+ years of related experience designing end-to-end digital products at tech companies or digital product design agencies.
- A strong portfolio of beautiful product design work that will make us swoon! Through this work, we want to see your ability to move fluidly between user experience design, interface design, and gorgeous visual design and articulate your design decisions.
- The ability to make design decisions with data and user testings as vital tools.
- Not only an understanding of the technical constraints and liberties behind your decisions but enough technical understanding to also communicate your ideas to our engineers.
- Experience creating UI specs & wireframes and the flexibility and willingness to move from idea to whiteboard to execution quickly.
- Expert understanding of web and iOS platforms.
- A strong visual aesthetic and experience designing within brand guidelines both individually and collaboratively with a team.
- Passion for creating simple - and beautiful - products that people use every day.
- Passion for Havenly’s brand and products
- Experience designing for e-commerce in a web environment
- Very strong visual design instincts
- Experience designing natively for an iOS app experience
- Ability to communicate confidently and articulately
- Experience working in a high-growth consumer technology company
- A true maker’s mindset and work ethic
- This is a full-time exempt position headquartered in Denver, CO (remote candidates in specific locations considered)
- Our total rewards package includes competitive compensation, generous PTO, volunteer days off, health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability), company equity, 401K, and Fertility benefits. In addition we offer free design services, furniture discounts, and merchandise credits.
- Targeted compensation for this role starts at 110K/year, dependent upon experience.
- Havenly is a Equal Opportunity Employer. Havenly's employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
As a company, our goal is to make everyone feel good at home and that starts right here, at Havenly HQ. We celebrate our differences and encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work each and every day. Throughout the journey of each of our team members, as a company we take pride in and commit to ensuring that everyone feels valued, heard, welcome and have equal opportunity to thrive. With the above stated, Havenly is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive team. We are open to candidates of all backgrounds and encourage you to apply if interested.
If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!