Senior Director, Experience Design at Evolve
Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 16,000 properties in over 750 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role
The Senior Director of Experience Design will lead a team of Product Designers, User Researchers, and Product Copywriters in innovating and designing the next-gen digital experience for our customers across multi-modal devices. In this role, you will help to conceptualize, define, and design both the high-level strategy, product vision, and detailed design system for the entire customer journey. You have an equal voice at the table along with your Product and Engineering partners in charting the organization’s strategic priorities. Your primary goal will be to ensure an unparalleled digital customer experience that enables our customers (guests, property owners, service partners, internal users) to understand what we offer, influence their decision-making process, and delight them throughout their whole journey.
To accomplish this, you will be accountable for (a) designing and socializing experiences that drive engagement and excitement throughout the organization - working closely with partners in Product Management and Engineering, as well as other cross-functional groups, such as Data, Operations, Finance, Revenue, and Marketing across Evolve; (b) serving as a bridge with brand marketing to ensure our products and marketing speak the same language.
What you’ll do
- Be a strategic thought leader in how to craft and guide the implementation of innovative digital experiences, including accessibility best practices, that represent the most customer-centric intersection across the business and technology.
- Collaborate and communicate well with product and engineering leaders, and other stakeholders in crafting the product vision.
- Have a mental model to start with the customer and work backward.
- Work strategically with executives and other senior leaders to create and deliver big, visionary, and customer-focused digital experiences.
- Serve as a role model for excellence in product experience design while hiring and mentoring fellow designers.
- Lead as a principled design thinker who thinks big and designs for scalability and a diverse customer set with owners on one side of the marketplace and guests on the other.
- Be a passionate, yet pragmatic design leader that can analyze data, customer behaviors, identify opportunities to solve customer friction points, and create innovative customer experiences in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Promote a culture of invention and innovation that brings together a growing family of programs and features.
- Have a strong bias for action to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and roll up the sleeves to meet deliverables.
- Bring deep experience choosing and defining team workflows, methodologies, and tools to achieve effectiveness.
What makes you a great fit
- A total of 10+ years as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role
- 5+ years of experience successfully leading, coaching, and mentoring design teams and leading full life-cycle design projects.
- A strong portfolio of innovative, customer-centric design work that demonstrates proficiency in interaction and visual design.
- Fluency in best practices for User Interface Design, Information Architecture, and Interaction Design; practical knowledge of User-centered Design processes and lifecycles.
- Practical experience in developing a design system and be the champion of its adoption
- Ability to provide and effectively communicate strategic and tactical recommendations based on quantitative/qualitative data and optimal Design practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the latest design concepts, emerging technologies, and other developments in the user experience field.
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to influence and deliver results.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s, or equivalent degree, in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience with the design field.
- Experience in leading and growing teams spread across distributed locations.
- Knowledge of the short-term rental industry.
- Experience navigating the legal, financial, product, and operational complexities in running a global marketplace.
- Clear and concise communicator with high levels of self awareness and humility.
Evolve has a flexible working environment and we are currently expanding into selected other states outside of our headquarters in Denver, Colorado.
For this role our salary range is $191,998 to $220,855, depending on relevant experience. This role will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on both company and individual performance.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.