Instructional Designer II at Vertafore
Make an impact and love what you do! Vertafore is a top provider of software for the insurance industry that keeps transforming. We create award-winning solutions to boost productivity, lower costs and help agents and carriers grow their businesses. We respect and value our team, and we look to bring the best talent together to make our future even stronger.
We are currently seeking a passionate, innovative, and highly motivated individual to join our Customer Success Team. The Instructional Designer is responsible for developing and managing Vertafore's training and education program. This person will work closely with internal cross-functional partners and SMEs to develop quality course materials, design learning activities and assessments that promotes customer enablement across all Vertafore products. We're looking for someone who has a passion for creating innovative customer training and is looking for an opportunity to join a team working to take learning and training to the next level.
- Work with Customer Success leadership to build a best in industry training platform and community engagement
- Utilize eLearning authoring tools to create engaging and interactive courses
- Execute the end-to-end design of learning solutions using a variety of tools and learning technology including: eLearning courses, Instructor-Led Training (ILT), job aids, videos, and more
- Work with key stakeholders to review capability or curriculum gaps and recommend designs for continuous learning solutions
- Build working relationships with SME's to gather information and feedback to incorporate into learning solutions
- Development of learning program evaluation metrics and evaluation processes
- Collaborate on the development of certification programs
- Make recommendations for new methods, materials and tools to enhance the educational value of course
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Instructional Technology or closely related field with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Instructional Design
- In-depth knowledge of adult learning theories and instructional systems design models
- Knowledge of current and trending digital learning industry theories and practices
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience developing learning solutions deployed in Learning Management Systems (LMS) as well as SCORM technology
- Must possess a proven understanding of corporate business world; prior experience in SaaS is preferred
- Highly organized, flexible and able to collaborate across functional areas to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively in a team environment and with people across/at varying levels in the organization
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
Vertafore is about bringing together top talent to make an immediate impact in software. Our culture encourages employees who can create, think and challenge each other in a fast-paced environment. We are transforming our products and services, exploiting advanced techniques to create new "ways and means" for the insurance industry, and with that the industry is changing too.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law equal employment.