Graphic Designer at Hotel Engine (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Hotel Engine, the world’s largest Lodging Performance Network, is a leader in travel technology with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated our rapid growth by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2022 will be our best year yet!
We are excited to add a skilled Graphic Designer to our rapidly growing team! This individual will lead the function of creating creative and branded materials for both internal and customer-facing use. This opportunity is a key role within our quickly growing marketing team, and this person will help implement our content marketing and social media strategies alongside our Head of Design and Content and SEO Manager.
This individual must be highly motivated with outstanding creative design skills. If you are agile, nimble, obsessed with great design, passionate about travel, a superstar with Adobe, and have bias to action we want to talk to you 😉
Here's What You’ll Need to be Successful in this Role:
The Graphic Designer will work closely with marketing and cross-functionally on specific projects that involve the creation of impactfully-designed internal collateral, external collateral and social media content. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to showcase their creativity and share ideas on how to promote and represent our brand across several different digital channels. This is an ideal role for an organized, self-motivated, positive and tech-savvy designer.
Here's what to expect:
- Be the creative force behind the look and feel of all educational, promotional and informational content
- Own and manage the design of Hotel Engine’s customer-facing materials, both digital and print
- Design eye-catching templates that drive better engagement and meet brand guidelines
- Coordinate and maintain content for our internal and external websites
- Create attractive digital content for our blog such as infographics, hero and featured images, downloadable content, etc.
- Design decks, one-pagers, info sheets and other print collateral across departments
- Design print collateral for conference and event materials, sales collateral, brochures, etc.
- Prepare and send files for offset printing, digital output, and file transfer
- Set and meet tight deliverable schedules in a fast-paced work environment
- Partner with external agencies/vendors to scale production when needed and ensure brand consistency
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Expert creative designer with an eye for well-designed output
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience as a Graphic Designer
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with a strong emphasis on InDesign
- BA or BS degree in Design/Marketing or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with MS PowerPoint/Pitch
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Experience designing and creating templates in HubSpot is a plus
- Photography and/or video experience is a plus
- B2B experience, knowledge of the hospitality industry, and love of travel is also a plus
Here's what we're looking for:
- Very strong visual design skills (good sense of balance, grid, color, typography, etc.)
- Expert skills in design, desktop publishing, and productivity software: Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Take direction well, but also able to make creative decisions and take initiative
- Ability to work under fluid deadlines and complete tasks in a prompt and efficient manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while keeping strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
- Creative and innovative problem solver
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with marketing team members and all other internal departments
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and research skills
- Ability to work independently
- Highly motivated self-starter with results orientation
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office™ suite (e.g., Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word)
- The total cash compensation for this role is $80,000 - $90,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
- This role is eligible for remote work. Hotel Engine is authorized to do business in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, TX, UT & WA. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Hotel Engine is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers are based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Stock Options for all new hires
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage, dental and vision offerings (with plans available at no cost to employees), as well as HSA/FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program