Development Director (Digital Transformation) at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
In today's highly competitive retirement market, firms must not only deliver superior customer value, but cater to challenging customer requirements and solve complex problems efficiently. Throughout the industry there is mounting pressure on organizations to do more, requiring a clear technology strategy that not only addresses the demands of today, but also enables the growth and performance of tomorrow.This Development Director will work with the Retirement Engineering group designing and developing software applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software applications for internal use.
What you will be doing:
- Manages full software development lifecycle including testing, implementation, and auditing.
Performs product design, bug verification and beta support which may require research and analysis.
- Resolves critical issues and contributes to the business unit/area development.
- Manages work efforts of managers/supervisors with responsibility for hiring, firing, performance appraisals and pay reviews.
- Identifies and allocates technical resources, e.g., programmers, business analysts to client projects within Development. Includes a mix of FTEs assigned to the development organization and purchased resources from other lines of business.
- Forecasts resource needs based on an analysis of both portfolio and projected client spend.
- Maximizes both utilization and profitability of assigned team of resources' billable time.
- Ensures base applications meet appropriate quality standards.
- Adheres to the departmental application development and client delivery process standards.
- Provides input on product direction to product managers.
- Coordinates with industry compliance consultants and product managers to verify applications meet regulatory compliance.
- Ensures proper application of technology.
- Ensures base applications meet appropriate quality standards.
- Responsible for the creation of the software architecture in modular, easy to maintain and extendible parts (components and modules)
- Extensive participation in Design & Architecture of current & new systems
- Ensures mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate components in modular, easy-to-maintain hardware/software that meets the product specifications
- Manages a team of developers, this includes mentoring team, administrative responsibilities.
- Guides the Development Engineers in the design and implementation of the parts of a subsystem
- Advises Product Teams regarding choices of what has to be achieved in hardware and what in software, and advises on make-or-buy decisions
- Determines required hardware/software interface in close consultation with the technical experts;
Advises on internal development
- Has an important say in the choice of development environment and has ultimate responsibility for the software top-level design.
- Manage daily activities and ensure team is engaged and propelled to do more, should lead by example.
- Design, code and test major features, and work jointly with other team members to deliver complex areas of functionality under tight deadlines.
- Document specifications, design areas, test results, and solutions implemented
- Code corrections for identified defects for new and existing releases of the software
- Ensure compliance with predefined coding best practices
- Ensure adherence to processes as required by the project
What you bring:
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Hands on skills in Software development
- Experience on application security testing and remediation.
- The individual may be required to work on multiple areas simultaneously (development, platform releases, installations, conversions, support, training, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills - ability to discuss technical and commercial solutions to internal and external parties and adapt depending on the technical or business focus of the discussion
- Attention to detail - track record of authoring high quality documentation
- Organized approach - manage and adapt priorities according to client and internal requirements
- Skill in project management, organization, communications, analytical and people skills
- Skill in leading, supervising and managing effectively under pressure
- Ability to be comfortable interacting with executive level clients
- Ability to analyze client's business needs and determine related information services support and maintain positive working relationship with client
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and problem areas and to delegate projects to qualified subordinates as appropriate
- Ability to lead, direct and manage effectively
- Ability to operate independently
- Ability to exhibit solid decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Technical Stack - Skills:
- Core Java, Latest features of Java (8 & 11)
- Web services - SOAP & REST
- Frameworks - Spring, Hibernate, Junit (Unit testing), spring boot (good to have)
- Knowledge of Design patterns
- Deployment and insight on App. Servers - JBoss, WebLogic & WebSphere
- Sound knowledge of Databases - Oracle, MS-SQL (My-SQL is good to have)
- Background of building Web applications is mandatory.
- AWS Web Deployments
- CICD integration
- Automation testing framework integration
- Sound analytical & communication skills
- Sound debugging skills & hands on knowledge of industry standard tools such as eclipse, SOAP UI etc.
- HTML 5 & CSS 3
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.