Designer at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Provides design and technical support for the Global Innovation Team as directed.
What will you be responsible for?
- Uses Siemens NX to create and update 3D model files and associated dimensional drawings of parts, tooling, and assemblies pertaining to metal forming and support processes.
- Uses Siemens NX to generate 3D model files of products and associated tooling layouts.
- Prepares bill of materials (BOM’s) and parts lists.
- Maintains technical drawings in Teamcenter database, including metadata entry, revision control, and archiving.
- Follows geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) standards and uses supplied CAD templates.
- Performs tooling design troubleshooting and advanced layout analysis in CAD space.
- Updates existing CAD templates and standard parts libraries to improve processes and efficiency.
- With limited direction from Lead Designer, works independently on priorities to ensure timely execution of assigned tasks.
- Maintains tool room, including management of parts in Inventory software, organization and staging of tooling, and cleanliness of tool room.
- Performs physical Aluminum product testing on new packages using provided SOP’s.
- Performs physical tool measurements using metrology lab equipment and provided SOP’s.
- Updates SOPs as needed to improve processes and efficiency.
- Performs other tasks and support activities as directed.
What are we looking for?
- Engineering/Associates/Technical Degree with focus on Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) or Equivalent.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or technical degree or work-related experience.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel, Outlook, OneNote
- Strong ability to read and understand engineering and isometric drawings
- Strong understanding of tooling drawings, dimensioning, and part machining operations
- Application of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) for 2 years minimum
- Experience using hand held metrology equipment a plus
- Highly effective in a small team environment with multiple projects and minimal oversight
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of can making and Aluminum forming processes
- Job related experience using Siemens NX for 2 years minimum
- Experience in drafting of tooling and high tolerance fits for 2 years minimum
- Experience with Siemens Teamcenter (or equivalent) for 2 years minimum
- Able to lift 25 lbs.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 68,000 - 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans