Spark is a venture-backed startup with the ambitious goal of disrupting a stale industry. We are looking for a versatile Designer to join our 16-person (and growing) team. Our ideal candidate has experience with design and/or creative direction in a startup environment, and a unique ability to forge solid professional relationships with coworkers, management and stakeholders.
You will be a key member of our marketing team, acting as a driver and steward of our brand. The Designer’s mission is to help define how we use thoughtful design to make every touchpoint with our brand delightful – and, bigger than that, how we use thoughtful design to reignite the world’s love for cooking outside. You will work closely with the Director of Marketing to build our brand and define the direction and evolution of Spark.
- Build and steward a world-class direct-to-consumer brand, always tying our approach back to customer insights.
- Conduct surveys, interviews, user tests and other research to gain a deep understanding who our customers are and the market of options they experience today.
- Help implement a best-in-class user experience across both digital (software) and physical (hardware) products.
- Recruit, assess and manage vendors, contractors and external agencies, including designers, photographers and videographers. Review creative work to maintain brand consistency and quality across all media.
- Art direct large-scale photo and video shoots, including both lifestyle and detailed product photography.
- Help drive the development, execution and rollout of a comprehensive brand identity, working closely with both internal team members and external design and brand strategy agencies.
- Build our brand book and help set the high-level design vision for our brand, while also rolling up your sleeves to actually execute a wide range of creative deliverables big and small, including website pages, mobile app screens, packaging design, social media content and more.
- 5+ years of experience in design/creative position or related role.
- Impressive portfolio of creative and design work – including visual identity, packaging design, website design, and mobile app design. Direct-to-consumer experience is a plus.
- Experience art directing a variety of content needs such as lifestyle photo/video shoots and product photo/video shoots.
- Ability to think strategically about our customers and our business.
- Ability to think creatively and maintain consistency in branding.
- Ability to raise the bar on anything we produce.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS & PERKS
- Generous equity package in a venture-backed startup.
- Market-based compensation.
- A fun team environment, located right next door to the Rayback Collective.
- Plenty of room for professional growth as part of a small but growing team.
We’re applying engineering, design, technology, and, above all, fresh thinking to reimagine the modern grilling experience. Wait what? Grilling is an American pastime. It’s part of our social fabric. Why change something that’s not broken?
We believe parts of the experience and category are broken or stale. Even what’s working can be improved – but we can’t ruin what people already love. That’s a tough balance to strike. But we believe there’s a huge opportunity.
Spark combines the artisanship of the pre-gas era with the technology of today to give cooks the authenticity, taste and character of charcoal without all the hassle.