Coordinator. Production Graphics at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Provides support for the quality assurance graphics function as directed.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Implements the administrative duties as related to the graphics department including pilot production, plate making and proofing for all plants.
- Proofreads negatives and plates for accuracy.
- Produces printing plates for product labels according to the release report.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies and materials for assigned area.
- Conducts inspection of materials and finished product.
- Maintains filing system for negatives and plates.
- Maintains obsolete negative listing and purges all files and computer information as directed by the graphics department.
- Coordinates the pilot production schedule.
- Assists with the qualification of artwork.
- Coordinates ink activity for pilot labels.
- Proofreads all artwork, negatives and plates for accuracy.
- Produces printing plates for labels according to the pilot production schedule. Maintains and reworks old printing plates and plate negatives for the pilot.
- Assists in making major adjustments or mechanical repairs to the pilot production equipment.
- Conducts inspection of in-process or finished product.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies required for assigned area.
- Performs troubleshooting on pilot production equipment as required.
- Performs preventative maintenance on pilot production equipment as required.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- High School Diploma or education equivalent required.
- Job-related experience for 1 year minimum.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to effectively create and maintain a teamwork environment.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to meet deadlines, concentrate, and pay attention to detail.
- Must be able to recognize and define problems using investigative process to analyze
- and evaluate complex information from a number of sources to arrive at conclusions. Must be able to use intuition, logical reasoning, and innovation to solve problems.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data in order to make recommendations.
- Working knowledge of graphic principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $50,000- $72,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans