Brand Designer II at Sovrn (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
About the Team
The Creative team is comprised of product and brand designers who collaborate to solve important problems for publishers. The product designers focus mainly on designing the Sovrn platform, while the brand designers work on marketing efforts including the Sovrn website, promotional materials, infographics, and anything it takes to communicate the Sovrn mission to customers.
About the Job
Sovrn is looking for an exceptional Brand Designer II to join our growing creative team. The primary responsibility of this person will be to assist the design team on campaign and business initiatives under guidance of the Creative Director. This is a very hands-on environment with teammates across many non-design disciplines. You’ll have a thorough knowledge of design principles, and you’ll help the team understand how to utilize design to best reach our business goals.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to position and message new products for go-to-market efforts
- Collaborate on a wide range of projects, including marketing campaigns, advertising campaigns, and product launches across a wide range of mediums (interactive, live-action, and print)
- Manage medium to large-scale projects independently
- Create high-quality work that delights our customers, meets company objectives, and reinforces our brand
- Work with leadership to evolve our process, tools, and systems to ensure we're creating great, consistent work
- Manage ambiguity effectively, and influence the direction of your projects by identifying and defining new opportunities
- Give and receive feedback to peers through design critiqu
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You anticipate problems before they happen, and design products that deliver world-class customer experiences. You’re comfortable working with and managing multidisciplinary teams across multidisciplinary projects. Above all, you’re always learning, and taking an active role in your professional and personal growth.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years experience within an advertising or communications agency, graphic design firm, print house, or something of that nature.
- Fluent in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and understand the limits of print and web design
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technically relevant field preferred, or relevant work experience
- Skilled at taking abstract business ideas and translating them into detailed product plans
- Demonstrable success in “starting-up” products with zero revenue, and developing business models to fuel growth and financial success
- The ability to persuade diverse stakeholders, and the confidence to stand behind your convictions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams
- Experience analyzing data and turning insights into action
- Illustration skills for creating custom illustrations for marketing campaigns
- Figma for web mockups
- Prototyping skills
- Animation skills for instructional product videos
- Adobe AfterEffects skills
- Video editing skills
Position Reports to: Creative Director
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $55,000 to $80,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location. Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.