US Contractor - Data Quality Analyst
This role will uncover, evaluate, and respond to data quality issues across multiple products and implementations, using knowledge and initiative to seek solutions and make recommendations on moderately complex assignments.
Will apply knowledge of analytics in a health care and/or procurement supply chain setting in order to assess the accuracy and consistency of data in business intelligence applications.
Will utilize business and technical experience and collaborative skills, while working with customer and internal resources to investigate and resolve data and application issues.
Participates in the implementation, testing, and support of analytical solutions including troubleshooting data quality issues.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Works closely with Product Management, Product Development, and Quality Assurance to design, implement and execute data testing plans that are sufficient, continuously improving and understood by all parties.
- Works with customers/internal stakeholders to import, transform, validate and model data with the purpose of analyzing master and transactional data to uncover data insights to inform data governance, tool development and data stewardship activities.
- Responsibilities include troubleshooting data issues, automating manual processes and collaboration with development resources on application design and documentation.
- Identifies data-centric business system impacts of new products and implementations, and functions as liaison with other areas that impact or are impacted.
- Participates with Product Owners on the creation and execution of acceptance testing, and supports impacted areas with rollout training.
- Collaborates with Data Stewards to identify, document and present recurring data quality patterns to the MDM team in the form of enhancement stories for development.
- Makes modifications to reports and other data visualizations in traditional BI systems (Business Objects, Tableau, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Technology, Business, or related discipline, or a combination of education and related experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a data analyst role with advanced level SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB preferred) programming ability.
- Working knowledge of a relational database, at least one ETL tool (Pentaho, CloverETL, Informatica, etc) and one BI tool (Tableau, Business Objects, etc)
- Strong technical knowledge including basic programming logic understanding and statistical methods.
- Experience in a healthcare supply chain setting strongly preferred.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all management levels both inside and outside of the company.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, listening).
- Excellent analytical (business/systems) and problem-solving skills. Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
- Able to learn new technology or functional area quickly and thoroughly. Normally receives general instruction on routine work and exercises judgment within defined procedures.
- Understanding of processing systems, data modeling and structured analysis.
- Have strong pattern analysis and recognition skills in data
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.