It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year.
GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and five European countries, and employs more than 750 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Louisville, Colorado.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Strategy and Corporate Development, the director will work with senior management to review and refine the core strategy for GHX. The director will then work with both senior management and the broader management team to implement that strategy, both organically and inorganically. The position will bring analytical rigor and business insight to a range of critical business challenges and decisions involved in implementating the company’s strategy. The director will be expected to engage directly with key internal stakeholders and heavily support those stakeholders in assessing and developing plans for new business opportunities in support of the core strategy; assessing, monitoring and understanding market trends and implications to the company; developing competitor assessments and competitive strategies; as well as support M&A activities, including company assessment and due diligence and integration for related projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work effectively with senior management and supply the analytical rigor and business insight needed to help them develop, update and execute a core strategy.
- Lead cross-functional teams to do the research and analysis needed in developing projects to implement the company’s core strategy. Oversee the building of business cases and recommendations on key strategic decisions.
Research and analyze emerging industry trends; expansion opportunities; competitive dynamics; develop tactical responses; and and assess and facilitate internal business performance improvement.
Collaborate effectively with team members and GHX senior management in helping facilitate the company’s enterprise planning activities and the development and execution of long-term strategic priorities and plans, as well as actionable near-term projects, both organic and M&A.
Structure complex business problems into project frameworks that can be analyzed and solved.
- Work with external resources to screen M&A opportunities to match GHX strategy.
- Monitor industry activities and help develop M&A recommendations for senior management.
- Assist senior management in prioritizing strategic opportunities.
- Perform quantitative analysis, including building and organizing large datasets.
- Synthesize findings and summarize a broad range of data inputs into frameworks that enable clear communication of data and insights.
- Coach team members through structured problem solving and analysis.
- Communicate findings to senior leadership stakeholders in an insightful and persuasive manner.
- Five plus years with a consulting firm or with a large company in a corporate strategy role with high strategic impact.
- Experience in bringing management teams together in a rigorous core strategy development exercise and an ability to supply the structure and research needed to do that effectively.
- Strong analytical approach; structured thinker.
- Deep quantitative analysis skills with demonstrated ability to translate analysis into business insights
- Excellent research skills, with experience in market and company analysis
- MBA or comparable advanced degree preferred
- Team player with experience working both in teams and as an individual contributor
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment. Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Successful track record managing several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate productively in a high change/high growth environment.
- A leader who trusts his/her instincts. An innovator who effectively measures and mitigates risk
- A person who is results-oriented with a high sense of urgency
- Frequent travel required, may include international.
This position is located in our Louisville, CO office
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.