Sr. Database Engineer at Vertafore
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Design schema that will be storing hundreds of millions of records
- Perform query performance troubleshooting, identify and create non-performant queries
- Identify and create missing indices
- Ensure the resulting schema is performant for both CRUD and querying
- Be the key person responsible for managing schema evolution while minimizing production system maintenance windows
- Utilize AWS tools to troubleshoot performance issues
- Perform bulk data import and export
- Design of customized reporting tables/materialized views that are needed to provide dynamic reporting operating on a massive data set that is frequently updated
- 5+ years of experience in all SQL platforms, SSIS and automation/scripting experience.
- 2+ years of AWS cloud experience preferred
- 2+ years of application deployment experience preferred
- Develop new performance monitoring solutions
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery
- Enhance automated functions including monitoring, backing up, recovering, increasing availability, user management, access to controls and logging audits.
- Strong T-SQL scripting abilities and understanding of complex stored procedures, views, data aggregation/manipulation through table joins/queries, database design, normalization and de-normalization
- Knowledge data warehousing and data management concepts.
- Familiarity with standard tools and platforms that enable continuous delivery such as GitLab, Octopus Deploy, Kubernetes and ServiceNow.
- Postgres nice to have
- Experience with multi-tenant systems nice to have
- Demonstrated desire and ability to learn technologies quickly
- Possesses good verbal and written communication skills.
- Contributes to a positive team environment.
- Enjoys finding and implementing solutions to new challenges.
- Proactively asks questions and learns about our products.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Ability to work productively on various projects simultaneously and ability to adapt to change.
Additional Requirements and Details:
Travel required up to 10% of the time.
Located and working from an office location.
Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
Frequent sitting and/or standing.