Sr. Database Engineer at Vertafore (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
Be the key person responsible production Postgres DB running on Aurora RDS in AWS.
Design schema that will be storing hundreds of millions of records
Perform query performance troubleshooting, identify and create non-performant queries
Identify and create missing indices
Ensure the resulting schema is performant for both CRUD and querying
Be the key person responsible for managing schema evolution while minimizing production system maintenance windows
Utilize AWS tools to troubleshoot performance issues
Perform bulk data import and export
Design of customized reporting tables/materialized views that are needed to provide dynamic reporting operating on a massive data set that is frequently updated
- 3+ years of experience in SQL Server administration and automation/scripting experience.2+ years of AWS cloud experience preferred
- 2+ years of DevOps experience preferred
- Develop new performance monitoring solutions
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery
- Enhance automated functions including monitoring, backing up, recovering, increasing availability, user management, access to controls and logging audits.
- MS SQL Server, Integration Services (SSIS) experience required.
- Strong T-SQL scripting abilities and understanding of complex stored procedures, views, data aggregation/manipulation through table joins/queries, database design, normalization and de-normalization
- Knowledge of SQL, data warehousing and data management concepts.
- Familiarity with standard tools and platforms that enable continuous delivery such as GitLab, Octopus Deploy, Kubernetes and ServiceNow.
- Nice to have experience with multi-tenant systems
- Demonstrated desire and ability to learn technologies quickly
- Possesses good oral and written communication skills.
- Contributes to a positive team environment.
- Enjoys finding and implementing solutions to new challenges.
- Proactively asks questions and learns about our products.
- Effectively multi-tasks and adapts to change.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Ability to work productively on various projects simultaneously.
Additional Requirements and Details:
Travel required up to 10% of the time.
Located and working from an office location.
Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
Frequent sitting and/or standing.