Specialist, Business Data II at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance, completeness, and integrity of product data primarily used in ERP planning functions; including but not limited to primary ERP solutions such as JDEdwards (JDE) and Value Chain Planning (VCP) while partnering closely with supply, demand, and order fulfillment teams.
What will you be responsible for?
- Provides day-to-day support of new product line introductions and system-required data such as item branch records, planning bills of material, planning routings, sourcing rules, assignment sets, and other required planning data.
- Supports optimizing network plan runs with data inputs aligned to the overall S&OP process for daily, monthly, quarterly, or ad hoc planning generations.
- Instrumental to ensuring that the data driving the VCP planning engine remains in sync with the data in the ERP system which also supports the order fulfillment functionality of Ball’s external facing customer portal.
- Collaborates and resolves issues across processes and data domains to ensure all needs are met with respect to the assigned data domains. Provides input to continuously improve business data management processes to support data domain needs in a manner that is integrated with business needs.
- Recommends business data standards, policies, and procedures required to maintain the relevancy, accuracy, and timeliness of the company’s enterprise business master data based upon historical data trends and business experience.
- Participates in the design, development and execution of the company’s strategic initiatives which require enterprise business data excellence and expertise.
- Develops, monitors, and provides relevant, accurate and timely reporting and analysis of enterprise business data, as required. Monitors and reports information for management metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs), including, but not limited to, enterprise data quality and data management process performance.
- Collaborates across business functions to identify current and future business data opportunities, and evaluates design modifications. These other functions would include, but are not limited to: sales & marketing, graphics, producing facilities, finance, production & inventory planning, and information technology.
- Interprets data via analysis of cross-functional data relationships and business processes. Makes data design and data management recommendations based upon verified analytical information and collaborates with cross-functional teams to implement and track process improvements to data accuracy metrics.
- Works independently based upon general management direction and known business priorities, both strategic and tactical.
- Works comfortably within large, interrelated data sets and able to model and analyze data in tools such as MS Excel to find data correlations and exceptions that can be used to map data to business requirements, processes, and related software solutions.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 1-3 year(s) minimum in master scheduling, ERP or VCP related systems
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: APICS certification a plus
- Preferred experience with VCP took kit including: APCC, ASCP, Inventory optimization, JDE enterprise 1
- Working knowledge of Economic Value Added (EVA), Microsoft Word and Excel, Oracle VCP Suite, JDE Enterprise One and other applicable software applications
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $68,000 - 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans