About the Team
As a member of the Data Delivery team, you will help evolve our data infrastructure, often through refactoring but generally by redesigning and building code in novel, cloud-native architectures. This team owns the data processing platform for our data sales business. Our competitive advantage as a company depends on this platform being among the best in the world, and that world moves very rapidly. Since we live on the emerging edge of what’s possible, our team is made up of people who love to learn.
About the job
The Data Delivery team manages the end-to-end lifecycle for several data assets. We operate a cutting-edge high-volume public API, as well as the backend processing, packaging and delivery of Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) feeds for dozens of B2B customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing and building the next generation of our data product platform
- Partner with QA automation engineering to validate data pipelines and complex analytical automation
- Troubleshoot systemic issues and lead improvements
- Working with a team of outstanding software engineers and data scientists, covering a wide range of experience and perspectives at massive scale.
- Breaking down a full project plan in to incremental deliveries, and tracking your work against those steps
- Learning new tech and new ways to apply what you already know
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You understand that making software do the right thing is only part of the battle - you also must think about what can cause your software to fail. You’re comfortable working with a wide variety of people, and respect the perspectives of those that disagree with you. Above all, you love learning, and sharing what you know.
The successful candidate will have:
- 1-3 years' software engineering experience and a passion for learning
- Understanding of big data and distributed computing at scale
- Experience with cloud data processing tools in the AWS ecosystem: think EMR, Spark, Hive, kinesis, etc.
- Strong java/scala and Object-Oriented skills
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Desire for professional growth opportunities and to be in a dynamic learning environment
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results
This position reports to: Director, Data Platform Engineering
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!