Senior Manager Strategy & Business Intelligence
Wowza Media Systems is seeking a Senior Manager in Strategy & Business Intelligence to drive strategic business insights for the highest-level company priorities. Leading a small team, you will identify and execute thoughtful analysis as you create hypotheses, collect data, draw insight, and then zoom out to develop compelling, synthesized recommendations.
This role will not only manage the strategic analysis, but is also responsible for communicating recommendations to project stake holders / senior-level executives as well as digging in to help drive implementation and measure the impact of your recommendations.
As the Senior Manager in Strategy & Business Intelligence, you are the ultimate data expert at Wowza and thrive on solving highly analytical problems, using your inquisitiveness to conduct interviews and synthesize ideas. You will work with on projects commissioned by Wowza’s leadership team, and will be responsible for the program management and output.
What you will be doing:
- Program manage cross functional strategy projects
- Provide strong problem solving leadership and curiosity for complex and ambiguous problems
- Identify issues, develop hypotheses, and execute analysis—translating data into meaningful insights and presenting recommendations to key decision makers
- Provide review of execution against recommendations and measure ongoing impact
- Communicate findings and key takeaways to leadership and the broader organization
- Manage Wowza Business Analytics team
Experience we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in Business, quantitative field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity or corporate strategy
- Familiar working with large data sets, including database languages like SQL
- MBA degree or graduate degree in a management, technical, or engineering field
- 6 years of relevant work experience
- Early stage company experience
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with impeccable business judgment
- Natural curiosity and inclination to formulate hypotheses, design tests, and evaluate solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to be personable yet persistent.
Who We Are
Wowza Media Systems (www.wowza.com) creates streaming products and services for delivering video and audio streams to any screen, from desktops to televisions to mobile devices. We have been in business for over ten years, won numerous industry awards, and are driving over 19,000 customers in more than 170 countries.
We are committed to shaping the streaming industry and lead the way with products and services that both simplify streaming, and provide tools for advanced users to build their own customized solutions. By staying true to our focus on customer success we continue to redefine our industry and impact the world.
What we love about working at Wowza:
- Million Dollar Views of the Mountains, Denver Metro, and Live Buffalo!
- Strong benefits package including Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO and 401k match
- An appetizing kitchen stocked with food and drinks…. dog treats too!
- The ability to work with amazing clients and partners such as ESPN, Walt Disney, Facebook, US Air Force, Harvard University and Amazon
- Yoga Classes and Gym Discounts to satisfy that urge to move
- Spacious office with state of the art equipment
This is a great opportunity to build an exciting and rewarding career with an innovative, successful emerging technology company that is passionate about our customers and has a track record of delivering results.