Senior Data Privacy Specialist at Ibotta
Ibotta is seeking a Senior Data Privacy Specialist to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. As our Senior to lead and mature our company-wide data privacy compliance programs. This role will lead key planning, development and implementation of privacy activities across all areas of Ibotta.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
Here is what you'll be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and provide proactive thought leadership, advice, and communications to ensure privacy risk issues are identified, understood, and effectively managed
- Build awareness of the strategic value of privacy and promote strong privacy practices
- Prepare privacy training, communication and awareness materials. Train internal and external teams and partners on applicable privacy materials and initiatives
- Stay abreast of the privacy regulatory landscape, determine impact on business, and disseminate relevant information to senior leadership and other internal teams
- Work with product management, marketing, HR, engineering and security (etc) personnel during product development to ensure that Ibotta’s products and services are in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection requirements
- Implement written policies, procedures and standards of conduct regarding privacy governance
- Work with internal teams on documenting and maintaining a personal data inventory and Ibotta’s registry of processing activities
- Monitor internal compliance against privacy policies and standards by conducting internal audits
- Identify potential areas of privacy risk and compliance vulnerability and develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid and remediate similar situations in the future
- Provide assistance to external and/or internal auditors in compliance reviews
Here is what we're looking for:
- 5-7 years years of similar experience in privacy, security, or compliance and risk management, ideally in a Software as a Service (SaaS) organization
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of US and International data protection regulations and privacy frameworks (e.g. OECD, US-EU Privacy Shield, PIPEDA, ePrivacy directive, and GDPR, CCPA and other state privacy regulations
- Certification(s) preferred: Certified Information Privacy Professional CIPP through the IAPP or relevant technical and/or industry certifications in a security related curriculum
- You must be a self-motivated team player with the ability to drive projects, identify and resolve legal and business issues, and earn the confidence and cooperation of your colleagues
- High standards, impeccable integrity, unquestionable good judgment, well-honed analytical skills and superior oral and written communications skills
- Relationship builder with the ability to inspire others around you
- Work independently; is effective in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong focus on the ability to interact with people at all levels, including executive management.
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $800 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $120,000-$150,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base salary.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.