Search Relevance Engineer at DHI Group, Inc.
Who are we?
We’re Dice, eFinancialCareers and ClearanceJobs, services of DHI Group, Inc. — where we're connecting futures now. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need, and we achieve this by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates, and insights within each of the communities we serve.
Why work with us?
We provide opportunities for you to contribute to our success, within a collaborative team where your opinion matters!
We challenge you to do exciting work while helping you grow your career!
We offer competitive pay, benefits and programs for you and your family to live healthy and secure!
We host social events for you to connect with others across our company and markets!
We serve the communities where we're located, and the causes important to you!
What is this opportunity?
Search Relevance Engineer
- Develop our understanding of a user’s search journey as a conversation.
- Analyze and model the complex search interactions our users have with all DHI brands.
- Perform relevance tuning operations generally and specifically:
- Develop search relevance tests and conduct user search query analysis.
- Perform signal modeling to optimize ranking function.
- Perform query matching analysis to debug issues with query parsing or matching strategies.
- Participate in application design, development, automated testing, performance analysis and deployment.
- Participate in code reviews to create more efficient, reusable and testable code.
- Help set the engineering direction of the product.
- Communicate project status to team members and business users.
- Work with Product Development to understand and solve business issues.
What are we requiring for this role?
Required Knowledge, Skills and/or Attributes
- Understanding of search architectures, information retrieval concepts and learning to rank concepts
- Understanding of machine learning algorithms and distributed systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Passion for using technology to innovate
- Ability to deliver innovative value, increasing capabilities and mentor true software craftsmanship
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience with analyzing, designing, coding, building, testing and deploying application systems in a business environment
- Experience with big data / machine learning tools and frameworks, such as Python, Tensorflow, Keras, Spark, Hadoop or MapReduce
- Industry experience developing and releasing machine learning algorithms or systems for NLP, classification, regression or clustering applications
- Industry experience optimizing search ranking and relevance functions
- Experience with search technologies including SOLR, ElasticSearch and Lucene, including setup, configuration, relevance tuning
- Experience with AWS (DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway)
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Automated Testing, etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure tools, such as Docker, Terraform, CloudFormation, Puppet
- Experience developing within an Agile environment
- Demonstrable open-source work and contributions